Players Welcome the Rams, Tre Clark!

share the ball

Top Member
Dec 16, 2013
Tre Clark - P5 body, P5 skills, P5 athleticism, sweet stroke, confident swagger, Briante Weber-level D. Should be re-recruited if allowed/feasible. Plug and play. Big motor.
wow you got that Tre Clark love going
back up point guard for mostly any P5 program at this stage in his development (hard to say where he will be in development in 2 years but can understand your optimism )- no doubt he could start with lower tier a10 schools and similar AAC schools etc and maybe a few bottom feeder teams in a few P5 conferences
Sweet stroke mid 20%s from 3 !!- definitely not a sweet stroke at this stage - his 2 point FG% driven primarily with lots of layups off of turnovers (I chuckled at the comparison with Davion Mitchell who shoots mid 40s from deep and has a pro ready body at 6"2" 205 - Likely mid 1st round in NBA draft
Tre was a nice change of pace from ACE and deserved his 15-20 minutes of run last season - he was simply a complimentary player at this stage in his development
I cannot see MR going back to him under any circumstance with ACE as the lead PG for years to come and having one more year of eligibility than Tre
but just MHO
go rams

Newboy

Top Member
Mar 2, 2014
back up point guard for mostly any P5 program at this stage in his development (hard to say where he will be in development in 2 years but can understand your optimism )- no doubt he could start with lower tier a10 schools and similar AAC schools etc and maybe a few bottom feeder teams in a few P5 conferences
Sweet stroke mid 20%s from 3 !!- definitely not a sweet stroke at this stage - his 2 point FG% driven primarily with lots of layups off of turnovers (I chuckled at the comparison with Davion Mitchell who shoots mid 40s from deep and has a pro ready body at 6"2" 205 - Likely mid 1st round in NBA draft
Tre was a nice change of pace from ACE and deserved his 15-20 minutes of run last season - he was simply a complimentary player at this stage in his development
I cannot see MR going back to him under any circumstance with ACE as the lead PG for years to come and having one more year of eligibility than Tre
but just MHO
go rams
He can play 2 as well.

LQuarles

Top Member
Insider
Mar 10, 2012
Tre Clark - P5 body, P5 skills, P5 athleticism, sweet stroke, confident swagger, Briante Weber-level D. Should be re-recruited if allowed/feasible. Plug and play. Big motor.
Foul machine. Turnovers. Weak on-ball defense.

GuardTheArc

Top Member
Dec 4, 2014
but just MHO
go rams

Your “stroke” is your form. Tre’s is nearly perfect and practically effortless from the arc. Sweet (soft) FT touch too. Perfect rotation, arc, alignment, etc.

As a rising junior (and frankly a rising soph with free COVID year), he has potentially 3 years remaining. Comments were made based on potential/projection.

He’s chiseled, basically a tank right now. Bouncy too. He could start almost anywhere. Give him 27-33 minutes a game last yr and he would’ve flourished. He has the game and the body/athleticism to dominate. A miniature Treveon. He’s a combo guard, btw.

Definitely “under the radar” right now.

Shuler, Daniels, Theus, Weber, etc.......lots of guys didn’t start early in their careers but were starter material and ultimately blossomed in Year 3 and beyond once they got the minutes. Clark is one of those types if in the right situation.

He’d be a big time “get” unless he’s a total head case behind the scenes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ramball

TampaKAP

Top Member
Insider
Apr 21, 2009
Soo like most discussions, the truth lies in the middle, which will allow both of you to say you were right

• Fouling
    • HIs fouls per 40 min and per 100 poss was only outpaced by BMB and Stockard
    • He actually increased in the number of fouls committed and decreased in the number drawn from his freshman year
  • Turnovers
    • He had the highest avg(by the smallest of margins) turnover per 40 min and per 100 poss(Note He and Bones were almost identical in those numbers)
    • But looking at the turnover Rate, you would see the names your eyes tell at the top of the list. Tre, Curry and MBJ
  • On Ball Defense
    • There is a stat called Defensive Win Share but it is cumulative and not on ball specific obviously. Tre sits in the middle of the pack for that
  • Context
    • Tre Steal % was 6.4 that 6.4 steals every 100 poss. (Unfortunately, he didn't play enough min last season or he may have led the nation
    • Gilyard who was 2nd in the nation was at 5.3. Th nation's leader at 5.6% fouled at nearly the same rate as Tre.
    • For what its worth as a sophomore Bri was also the team leader in Fouls and steal %
    • Tre was 2nd on the team in assist per 40 min and per 100 poss as well
In the right context those things you stated are neither as good or as bad without the context

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Top Member
Mar 22, 2013
He has game for sure and can certainly contribute to a high level program.

I'd be more surprised to see him on another VCU roster than Bacot or Wheeler.

Newboy

Top Member
Mar 2, 2014
I’d love to have Tre back as the backup at the 1 and 2.

I’m not sure where this conversation of him possibly coming back is coming from.
I asked if he was expelled or suspended from the university.

VCU Finance 2008

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009

I’m not sure where this conversation of him possibly coming back is coming from.
I think just wishful thinking and the fact that he is at a JUCO and hasn't found a long term home. I am sure it is unlikely, but I would love to have him back as well.

Reactions: Newboy and Love2Ram

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012

1. He was suspended, not expelled
2. He and his teammates are still in touch and supporting each other on SM
3. He's still rocking VCU gear, so he clearly hasn't erased us from memory
4. There has been zero comment from the team/coaches about him since the "administration" suspension, and no reference to breach of team rules or expectations.

I think it is almost certainly wishful thinking but the whole situation is very strange. It feels as though the suspension was a time out, not a "get lost."

Love2Ram

Top Member
Insider
Feb 25, 2011
I think it is safe to say that if Tre Clark came back Ram Nation would be delighted by the news. If by chance there is a path for that to happen then we should certainly explore it. Things happen in life and youthful people deserve chances to right their course when mistakes are made. An event of such would be highly unusual so I'm not holding my breath.

Ramwitch

Top Member
Dec 2, 2014
1. He was suspended, not expelled
2. He and his teammates are still in touch and supporting each other on SM
3. He's still rocking VCU gear, so he clearly hasn't erased us from memory
4. There has been zero comment from the team/coaches about him since the "administration" suspension, and no reference to breach of team rules or expectations.

I think it is almost certainly wishful thinking but the whole situation is very strange. It feels as though the suspension was a time out, not a "get lost."
Why transfer if it’s a time out?