Players Welcome the Rams, Tre Clark!

share the ball

Top Member
Dec 16, 2013
he went to a JuCo to play in a way that did not burn eligibility
the rules for transferring from a 4 year to a 2 year and back to a 4 year are unique - below is a very brief summary

Division I​

4-2-4 transfers in Division I must meet the following academic requirements to be eligible to compete immediately after transferring to the second four-year school:

• Complete an average of 12 hours of transferable degree credit per term of full-time attendance at the junior college;
  • Earn at least a 2.000 GPA in those transferable courses;
  • Have at least one calendar year elapse since leaving the original four-year school; and
  • Graduate from the junior college.
In men’s basketball, student-athletes may only use two credits of physical education as transferable degree credit. In men’s and women’s basketball and baseball, midyear transfers may not become eligible to play in the same academic year as their transfer.

my comments now
might be an exception or two to this but not sure Tre qualifies
as I read he cannot go back to a 4 year school until one calendar year elapses since he left/suspended from VCU and graduates from JC
So he might not be eligible until 22-23 year to play at 4 year school depending upon how calendar year is defined (he was dismissed from VCU on feb 3 or 4, 2021

I don't know if he will have 2 or 3 years eligibility if/when he returns to a 4 year school and whether playing for the JUCO one year will affect that or not

BradRamFan

Top Member
May 1, 2009
Bad break for Tre. His coach down at Tallahassee Community College just resigned to take an assistant coach's position at Coastal Carolina: .
Coastal would be a fantastic play for Tre to land. I think he of course could go higher but I think he probably would be the BMOC at Coastal if his shots are falling for him. He has great defensive skills and has shown he can get to the basket on great drives and has a high PG IQ. Maybe the assistant would want to recruit him to Coastal

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
Bone's replacement committed yesterday. Nunn is a point guard that would likely back up Ace.
Bones' "replacement" might already be on the roster, or there might not be "a" replacement. It's possible that Marcus gets more minutes backing up Ace than at the 2. I'll be interested to see how Rhoades approaches roster management.

VCUBusiness

Top Member
Feb 17, 2015
Bones' "replacement" might already be on the roster, or there might not be "a" replacement. It's possible that Marcus gets more minutes backing up Ace than at the 2. I'll be interested to see how Rhoades approaches roster management.
Yep. We got Banks, who beat Bones in a 3pt competition, with minutes ahead of him. We are going to have so much offense next season.

aSharpDressedRam

Top Member
Dec 2, 2014
Coastal would be a fantastic play for Tre to land. I think he of course could go higher but I think he probably would be the BMOC at Coastal if his shots are falling for him. He has great defensive skills and has shown he can get to the basket on great drives and has a high PG IQ. Maybe the assistant would want to recruit him to Coastal
if Tre Clark ends up at CCU ill head down the road to see him play

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009

I'm talking about his scholarship, not necessarily playing time. Rhoades knew he was losing Bones and recruited a shooter to fill a need.

Reactions: BaNgMyPrOgRaM