Players Welcome the Rams, Tre Clark!

SteveMM

Top Member
Feb 1, 2016
The coach left.
Makes sense I guess. I don't pay much attention to JUCO players, so maybe I don't realize how often this sort of thing happens. Given that Tre' has clear D1 talent, I figured that if he's eligible (and I'm pretty sure he is) that some lower-end D1 program would pick him up for next season. But, then again, no one here has ANY idea why he was forced out of VCU in the first place.

share the ball

Top Member
Dec 16, 2013
Makes sense I guess. I don't pay much attention to JUCO players, so maybe I don't realize how often this sort of thing happens. Given that Tre' has clear D1 talent, I figured that if he's eligible (and I'm pretty sure he is) that some lower-end D1 program would pick him up for next season. But, then again, no one here has ANY idea why he was forced out of VCU in the first place.
the new JC has a pretty good list of former players - recently the Oregon stud Chris Duarte is from Northwest Florida state
Probably a better program the TCC
good luck Tre

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
the new JC has a pretty good list of former players - recently the Oregon stud Chris Duarte is from Northwest Florida state
Probably a better program the TCC
good luck Tre
TCC was #14 in the NJCAA D1 poll at the end of the season with a 19-3 record. Northwest Florida State was 6-15 and finished last in their division.

share the ball

Top Member
Dec 16, 2013
TCC was #14 in the NJCAA D1 poll at the end of the season with a 19-3 record. Northwest Florida State was 6-15 and finished last in their divisiontk
Northwest Fla has a few Nattys at NJCAA level and a few runner-ups too (last 2 years are lean for Northwest (you are right there) nature of JC is sort of up and down because of short time with players and stepping-stone for the best coaches

Reactions: WillWeaverRVA

Ramlove81

Top Member
Dec 4, 2013
Northwest Fla has a few Nattys at NJCAA level and a few runner-ups too (last 2 years are lean for Northwest (you are right there) nature of JC is sort of up and down because of short time with players and stepping-stone for the best coaches
Yeah, I think I saw that they have a new coach so things could change quickly. Tre' should help a turn around.

Reactions: WillWeaverRVA

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
So, Tre spent 1 1/2 years at VCU. He probably also took summer classes in between his freshman year and his sophomore year. He is now at a "junior college". What happens after his first semester when he will probably be a junior at that point? Does he become a "JUCO graduate student"?

• Haha
Reactions: share the ball

SteveMM

Top Member
Feb 1, 2016
So, Tre spent 1 1/2 years at VCU. He probably also took summer classes in between his freshman year and his sophomore year. He is now at a "junior college". What happens after his first semester when he will probably be a junior at that point? Does he become a "JUCO graduate student"?
It's possible that academics were the reason he was put on university suspension in the first place. It's hard to believe with all of the tutoring help that these players get, but perhaps he didn't get credit for some of the classes he took at VCU.