Welcome to Levi Stockard III

Nov 26, 2017
Always funny when a guy that probably can’t tie his shoes without losing his breath says a D1 basketball player sucks.

might not be what the doctor ordered and certainly we all are aware that you are not happy with the fit but...
anybody that is in the top 4500 people in the entire country at that skill level probably doesn’t “flat out suck”
But get your hate on...
Levi Stockard
6-8 | Class of 2017
Scout Grade
  • NR
SCHOOL LIST
SCHOOLSTATUSOFFERVISIT

Kansas State
Signed
Last Updated: November 16, 2016
First of all you must have been looking in the mirror when you made the shoe tying comment. Above is this guys recruiting profile coming out of high school. In today's world of technology and you are not rated ANYWHERE? He has done nothing in his 3 years at K-state. Have you seen this guy play? This guy was on the bench with the last place team in the big 12 and that's where you want to recruit from? VCU should be above this type of player. Hello, we had the national player of the year in our conference this year so in order for VCU to compete we can't recruit kids like this. We tried that with Lane. If the truth be told, the lack of quality bigs really hurt VCU all year long. Im sorry if feelings are hurt but VCU can do better and must do better to compete in our league. Unless of course you are happy where we finished last year. I wont apologize for being a fan that wants better.

AlienAiden

Insider
May 3, 2012
Levi Stockard
6-8 | Class of 2017
Scout Grade
  • NR
SCHOOL LIST
SCHOOLSTATUSOFFERVISIT

Kansas State
Signed
First of all you must have been looking in the mirror when you made the shoe tying comment. Above is this guys recruiting profile coming out of high school. In today's world of technology and you are not rated ANYWHERE? He has done nothing in his 3 years at K-state. Have you seen this guy play? This guy was on the bench with the last place team in the big 12 and that's where you want to recruit from? VCU should be above this type of player. Hello, we had the national player of the year in our conference this year so in order for VCU to compete we can't recruit kids like this. We tried that with Lane. If the truth be told, the lack of quality bigs really hurt VCU all year long. Im sorry if feelings are hurt but VCU can do better and must do better to compete in our league. Unless of course you are happy where we finished last year. I wont apologize for being a fan that wants better.
What is that from?

I am pretty sure that he was at least a 3 star on most recruiting sites coming out of high school with a good offer sheet.

Also, there are intelligent ways to say things if you are evaluating a player, coach or the team. What you said was boorish to say the least. Not a good look.

Last edited:

LQuarles

Top Member
Insider
Mar 10, 2012
@DCDan 88 except Levi was third in line behind Kevin Marfo (one of the top rebounders in the nation) and Galin Smith. We wanted Marfo the most. Can't force kids to choose us. And from what I saw, bigs weren't the problem for Kansas State. It was the guard play.

Last edited:

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
Levi Stockard
6-8 | Class of 2017
Scout Grade
  • NR
SCHOOL LIST
SCHOOLSTATUSOFFERVISIT

Kansas State
Signed
LOL, how many aspects of this can be wrong? We might have set a record.

3* 247, 3* Rivals, 3* composite.

Out of HS the dude had offers from Xavier, Cincinnati, Marquette, and DePaul (and perhaps Missouri). He also played in 32 games for an Elite 8 squad.

He's a backup. Calm down.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Mar 22, 2013
I'm certainly not going to do it, but I'd be interested to see a list of Big 12 scholarships that went to unranked high school recruits

Mar 1, 2015
What is that from?

I am pretty sure that he was at least a 3 star on most recruiting sites coming out of high school with a good offer sheet.

Also, there is are many intelligent ways to say things if you are evaluating a player, coach or the team. What you said was boorish to say the least. Not a good look.
I have some Levi’s I’ve worn for 3 years. It’s definitely time to go online and check the reviews.

Mar 1, 2015
Thx. Reminds me of Deriante. Has a nice outside touch. Could present some mismatch problems on the wing..it looks like he already has a better outside shot than either Vince or Keyshawn. I hope we can just stay healthy. I really think almost every spot is up for grabs. Bones will start. I think Hason or Levi will start at the 4. If BMB redshirts then Corey almost has to start at the 5. The advantage of having a younger team is that you don't have a bunch of established starters like we did this year. Should be lots of competition for PT. Looking forward to seeing the new crew at the Stu !
Douglass is a back up. He’s about to turn 24 and we’ve seen him for 2 years. Is what he is. Ward needs to start, probably at the five. If he gets comfortable, he could be very effective. Needs PT, do it early it pays dividends later.

May 4, 2012
Levi Stockard
6-8 | Class of 2017
Scout Grade
  • NR
SCHOOL LIST
SCHOOLSTATUSOFFERVISIT

Kansas State
Signed
well K-State may have been last in the Big 12 but they were only 17 behind us i KenPom mainly because they are a Big 10 program (#2 conference last season). While we ought to be able to get bigs we have not managed to despite other A10 schools doing so. Clearly not a conference thing so much as a reputation/coach thing.
When young Mr Stockard was looking at schools K-State was pretty good so an offer from them was pretty good as well.
Lets just see what this kiddo does before we condemn him. Shoot, practice in that conference is tougher than tournament in ours. I'm liking the odds he contributes strongly next season.

May 4, 2012
Douglass is a back up. He’s about to turn 24 and we’ve seen him for 2 years. Is what he is. Ward needs to start, probably at the five. If he gets comfortable, he could be very effective. Needs PT, do it early it pays dividends later.
I like Levi starting at the 5 and Ward at the 4. Douglas off the bench at 5 and Brown 4.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
well K-State may have been last in the Big 12 but they were only 17 behind us i KenPom mainly because they are a Big 10 program (#2 conference last season). While we ought to be able to get bigs we have not managed to despite other A10 schools doing so. Clearly not a conference thing so much as a reputation/coach thing.
When young Mr Stockard was looking at schools K-State was pretty good so an offer from them was pretty good as well.
Lets just see what this kiddo does before we condemn him. Shoot, practice in that conference is tougher than tournament in ours. I'm liking the odds he contributes strongly next season.
Exactly!

VCU Finance 2008

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
You see the same with non-athletes. We had students routinely complete their degree in 3 years at the school I used to work at. I even know several who got double BS degrees in 3 years. We had students receiving 28-30 credits in a single semester. :shock::o:cry:
My personal opinion is that college isn't what it used to be.
At 20 grand a semester you would try to knock off a semester or two as well.

Reactions: Ramcounter
Apr 20, 2009
Absolutely agree that Ward needs as many minutes as possible. Corey was injured much of last season. I want to see him healthy. He has been working really hard to improve. I think he can get better. Rotation of Ward, Douglass, Stockard and MBJ at the 4&5 spots is pretty solid if they can all stay healthy. If BMB is immediately eligible i would start him at the 5 and Ward at the 4. At least we will have some options. Going small this past season didn't work at all.

Reactions: Valley drop step

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
In the last Coach Rhoades radio show he said that they are not planning on BMB being able to play next season.
I think (speculate?) that they took Levi so they would have the luxury to sit BMB for a year, get him stronger and work on his game before relying on him. Even if they are handing out RonaWaivers like candy, I think there is a good chance that they don't ask for one for him.

Of course, the pressure to get one may become too great if they are really indiscriminate i handing them out