Welcome to Levi Stockard III

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
Are you calling me out for selection bias Big Tuna????🤫
Haha, the opposite! Toppin's the best NBA prospect big in the A-10 in like a decade at least. YMMV depending on how you felt about Paschall his first year/feel about Mitchell at UMass... or how you feel about one Hason Ward (!!!) this year, but my point is the conference's best pro big in ages is orders of magnitude less good than the best in the Big 12.

KentuckyRam

Insider
I do wonder about whether we ever kicked McClung's tires. Who knows if there was an interest there in either direction, but I feel like we could've beaten out Pat for him if we'd wanted. Breaking AI's scoring record definitely raised both my eyebrows.
Probably not the second time around but we could use him now.

KentuckyRam

Insider
I see your Obi and raise you Joel Embid, Blake Griffin, Jaxon Hayes, yabba dabba doo....Obi was a once in a generation player for Dayton, but an off the street big for the B12. A10 is a great guards conference, but the days of Marcus Camby and David West are long gone

Ward and DeLoach are here!

TampaKAP

Elite Member
Insider
I do wonder about whether we ever kicked McClung's tires. Who knows if there was an interest there in either direction, but I feel like we could've beaten out Pat for him if we'd wanted. Breaking AI's scoring record definitely raised both my eyebrows.
McClung is going to make money playing somewhere some day. He also is going to win the Red Raiders some games but I am not sad at all that he is not in the Black and Gold personally

Half-baked Mcbride

Elite Member

Add McClung to the short list of mythical almost Rams....Steph Curry comes to mind as well.

ViCtorioUs

Elite Member
I see your Obi and raise you Joel Embid, Blake Griffin, Jaxon Hayes, yabba dabba doo....Obi was a once in a generation player for Dayton, but an off the street big for the B12. A10 is a great guards conference, but the days of Marcus Camby and David West are long gone
Your very words are, “The B12 fronts at Texas, Baylor, OU and KU ARE no joke-bigger, more athletic and deeper than any all decade teams from even the best A10 squads.” The players you name WERE from another time. I’m going to say there is not a big in the Big12 from last year or this year that is as good as Obi Toppin.

PRock

Elite Member
Insider
Your very words are, “The B12 fronts at Texas, Baylor, OU and KU ARE no joke-bigger, more athletic and deeper than any all decade teams from even the best A10 squads.” The players you name WERE from another time. I’m going to say there is not a big in the Big12 from last year or this year that is as good as Obi Toppin.

That’s a valid point, though Greg Brown is projected in the top 10, Kai Jones is rising and Baylor seems to have a 3D printer that creates smart, physical and tough bigs. Remains to be seen if Obi is a good litmus test—early returns are mixed as he was injured early and now can’t really get in the rotation due to porous defense and less than stellar shooting. Thibs is notoriously tough on rookies, especially those that can’t play defense, so it could be the situation.

Ramikin

Elite Member
Insider
Could we give a scholarship to Levi next year? We will have two more guards and that size is always needed.

I’m curious about that too. He has an additional year of eligibility. If he decides to use it, is staying at vcu and option?

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
I believe it was an either/or...not a both
You might be right, and obviously I can't blame either guy for betting on himself if it was a "I'm the point guard" situation. I like to think the draw of being the best backcourt in the country would've worked to smooth some hurt feelings about who played shooting guard, at least in some version of reality.

VRam

Elite Member
MacClung is a ball hog. He left Georgetown because he wanted to be the number 1 option on offense. He didnt like the idea of feeding the center in the Thompson/Ewing style of basketball.
How's that working out for Georgetown?