Players Welcome to VCU, Jamir Watkins!!!!!

HBK

Top Member
Mar 29, 2010
This kid has a chance to be special, but his defense needs LOTS of work and improvement.

HBK

Top Member
Mar 29, 2010
You have said this on three separate threads. Who plays better defense that warrants them being in the game over Watkins?
Well, based on the last 2-3 games, no one. My point on three threads, and I will happily make it 4 or 5 threads, is that he needs to play much better defense. Earlier in the year, Curry was playing better defense than Watkins, for example. I love Watkins, but too many posters on here look at only one side of the floor. I know that you know better @AlienAiden but far too many overlook the defensive deficiencies. Watkins has a chance to be really special, possibly an all-time great, but like most freshmen he is much better at one end of the court.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Top Member
Mar 22, 2013
Well, based on the last 2-3 games, no one. My point on three threads, and I will happily make it 4 or 5 threads, is that he needs to play much better defense. Earlier in the year, Curry was playing better defense than Watkins, for example. I love Watkins, but too many posters on here look at only one side of the floor. I know that you know better @AlienAiden but far too many overlook the defensive deficiencies. Watkins has a chance to be really special, possibly an all-time great, but like most freshmen he is much better at one end of the court.
Only one way to learn. I agree with you, but I also think his offense really helps with spacing and flow, and very likely makes up for missed rotations. I'd start him over Levi, move Vince to the 4 and see how it goes. It's not like having two bigs is helping with rebounding.

Reactions: Valley drop step