Players Welcome to VCU, Jamir Watkins!!!!!

RamDanFan

Top Member
Jan 19, 2015
Oh probably so! Where do you play?
We had a team together at American Family and Robious Sports and Fitness back in the day.. did you play either of those places?
Oh probably so! Where do you play?
We had a team together at American Family and Robious Sports and Fitness back in the day.. did you play either of those places?

Weinstein JCC. Played with CD there for around 10 years.

Half-baked Mcbride

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
I love that we are all so collectively psyched about the team and the result from last night, and rightly so.

One of the coolest parts to me was watching Jamir with and without the ball. Sure, he had some lapses and some easy buckets were scored...but he also was really engaged on D last night and you could tell in his body language.

As for his offense?....you would never be able to tell that he was 2-12 from the field and 1-5 from 3. What I mean is, his confidence was brimming over despite the less than stellar results. And that is something to REALLY be proud of....both for him and the coaching staff.

Being down Bones, Keyshawn, Tre Clark, and JMac was probably a little bit liberating for Jamir...The pregame pep talk was probably something along the lines of..."just go out there and stay within yourself and let it fly if it feels right". There's a time to take a young player out of the game and do all your teachable moment jazz...but there are other times when Coach Rhoades and Staff burn the boats in the locker room and runs with 10 guys and let's young guys live and learn from their mistakes and aslo WIN THE darn GAME!!!!

I picture Ted Lasso (appletv-great show) asking Jamir what the happiest animal on earth is....it's a goldfish, because its only got a 10-second memory.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012

COURTESY~Daniel Sangjib Min/R-TD​