Players Welcome to VCU, Jamir Watkins!!!!!

rammad90

Elite Member
I agree. I saw Jamir passing Vince this past year were he healthy. In his absence Vince had a phenomenal year as such Jamir probably doesnt best what happened. However, who knows?

As to this year, I see the same thing as long as his body holds up. This kid is a P5 guy. Good outside shot, good body/size, aggressive, nose for the ball, highly skilled, coachable, and great work ethic.

Last edited:

buckwheat

Elite Member
I agree. I saw Jamir passing Vince this past year were he healthy. No Vince had a phenomenal year as such Jamir probably doesnt best what happen. However, who knows.

As to this year, I see the same thing as long as his body holds up. This kid is a P5 guy. Good outside shot, good body/size, aggressive, nose for the ball, and highly skilled.

Completely agree. Loved what Vince Williams did for this program, but I think Watkins’ ceiling is even higher, for the reasons you already mentioned.

Injuries happen to all teams, and can be quite unfortunate when it’s a top player. We would have been a much different (better) team with Watkins last year. Now we have that opportunity this year. Cannot wait to see this kid back at it.

duncanlamb

Elite Member
Completely agree. Loved what Vince Williams did for this program, but I think Watkins’ ceiling is even higher, for the reasons you already mentioned.

Vince impacted the game in so many ways. Shooting, ball handling, on court awareness/passing, taking charges, blocking shots....I don't see Jahmir replacing all of those attiributes.

VCU74

Elite Member
Well we certainly don't want him shooting 3s. It looks like he stepped on the OOB line. Then he stepped on the 3 pt line. His release was slow and too low. The arc was too high. His aim was awful.
And his foot was inside the circle, also no time on the clock.
snap at the end reminded me of JT’s chop so all good!

D7EAB3BB-0CFA-48A9-96EE-9B4D90A5C9F8.jpeg

PRock

Elite Member
Insider
Vince impacted the game in so many ways. Shooting, ball handling, on court awareness/passing, taking charges, blocking shots....I don't see Jahmir replacing all of those attiributes.
We do have guys like Johns in there who should pick up some of Vince’s defensive savvy…..also Nunn and Ace are no defensive slouches, so if they each take a step up we should be good. i think Jamir’s offensive upside gives us a shot at replacing Vince….but it will be a committee.

duncanlamb

Elite Member
We do have guys like Johns in there who should pick up some of Vince’s defensive savvy…..also Nunn and Ace are no defensive slouches, so if they each take a step up we should be good. i think Jamir’s offensive upside gives us a shot at replacing Vince….but it will be a committee.

Agreed. My point is Jahmir doesn't replace Vince by himself. Let's be real..Vince has a shot at being drafted and making an NBA team.