Players Welcome to VCU, Jamir Watkins!!!!!

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
So is Watkins essentially the Isaac Vann role replacement?
I think you have to look at the incoming players from the standpoint of who is on the roster when they arrive, especially with so many young players. For instance, McAllister will not play much this year but from what I understand he is an aggressive defender.

Ramlove81

Top Member
Dec 4, 2013
My guess is he is a 4 for us, but our 4's play a lot like wings. He could be great in that role since he has the size and athleticism to compete inside and the quickness, skill set to play the wing. Of course it is hard to translate high school AAU players into what they will be like playing D1, but I think he could be very good fairly early on.

RAMification

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
My guess is he is a 4 for us, but our 4's play a lot like wings. He could be great in that role since he has the size and athleticism to compete inside and the quickness, skill set to play the wing. Of course it is hard to translate high school AAU players into what they will be like playing D1, but I think he could be very good fairly early on.
I too think he will be a "stretch 4" for us, at least early on. I think the hope is that he will evolve into a big wing. If that transpires look out. He is big, long, and very athletic. He is already capable of doing damage from 3-point range. Very talented ball player.