Players Welcome to VCU, Jamir Watkins!!!!!

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012

Zaba Bangala scored 21 points and Adetokumbo Bakare added 16 to lead St. Benedict’s to a come-from-behind 76-61 victory over Trenton Catholic at the Hearts 2 Hands Invitational at Arthur L. Johnson High School in Clark.

Barra Njie posted 13 points, including nine in the key final stanza, for St. Benedict’s (21-3), which exploded for a 27-11 fourth quarter to secure the win.

Jamir Watkins scored a game-high 30 points, hitting four 3-pointers, and Donavin Crawford posted 11 with three 3-pointers for Trenton Catholic (9-7), which has lost three straight games.

TampaKAP

Top Member
Insider
Apr 21, 2009
If just 2 of the 4 we have coming in next year can earn decent minutes, we are solid!
I think we need solid contributions from 3 out 4. And here is why

We have 8 players returning(This assumes that for the first time in forever no one leaves)
  • Bones and Tre will be the only two PG's on the roster so we need Ace
  • Bones and possibly KeyShawn can play the two. Josh will be similar to Curry, better suited to play the 3 but can play some 2
  • Keyshawn and Jarren will probably be your 3's at the start of the season. I see Jamir as a big 3 so purely from a roster make up, he is more of a nice to have next year than a need
  • Vince and Corey will spend some time at the 4 but Corey will also need to play 5 so either MBJ or Jamir will need to play some 4(take your pick)
  • MSS will start at 5 and Corey and Hason will also. That is the same as this year so getting a 5 is critical for development but not yet critical for them to play next year.
So IMHO, Ace and Josh need to have really good summers(I think they will) and Jamir and/or MBJ needs to have a good summer. Our style of play is based on depth. 10 players are averaging 13 min or more this year. and two are avg more than 5 a game so we need 12 playes to play like we want to play.

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
Nothing against seniors but being young and good....well now.
Well that occurs every year. We get in a new group with talent. Seniors are there for leadership and they were young and talented as well. let's not forget that.