Recruiting Welcome to VCU, Josh Banks!

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
I finally get to see him in person Friday night. going to Charlotte Friday night before heading to Richmond for the game Saturday
Awesome! Wish we could be with you, please make it a point to be semi invasive and meet him, send him our best, too.

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
Won't be hard to meet him, his coach is my wife's cousin ;)
I so wish I could take a road trip down there to see him play!
There's something really special about seeing them before they're enrolled here.
It's just not the same thing as with other players, after that.
Wish I saw where more of our future stars were getting visits by our fanbase.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
A lot to be excited about with Josh. Super athletic. Can jump out the gym and active on defense.

Now, will be a member of the sandwich club, frame like Deri. Needs to time jumps better as secondary defender. More after halftime
he actually looks bigger than deri as a freshman to me.

Reactions: N Mollen

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
he actually looks bigger than deri as a freshman to me.
He and Jamir are going to be a problem in the A10. Long, tall, strong, athletic. Against HS competition it is very hard for a layman to tell how skilled they are, but they both score at will at their current level. Banks is averaging between 25 and 30 ppg. Of course, so was Tyler Maye . . . .

Aug 7, 2012
I’m excited to see the offensive production we can get from a backcourt combo of Bones and Banks. Two tall guards that can shoot over their competition and are natural scorers.