Recruiting Welcome to VCU, Josh Banks!

Ramlove81

Top Member
Dec 4, 2013
I so wish I could take a road trip down there to see him play!
There's something really special about seeing them before they're enrolled here.
It's just not the same thing as with other players, after that.
Wish I saw where more of our future stars were getting visits by our fanbase.
I'm probably going to see Ace play tonight. They have a game in Towson, pretty close to where I am now.

Ramlove81

Top Member
Dec 4, 2013
And let us know what you think:)
Posted in his thread. I'm impressed. Didn't get a chance to talk to him (he took a hard foul at the end and spent the last 21/2 meaningless minutes on the bench then pretty much went straight to the locker room after the game), did talk with several St. Francis fans, former players, who all agree we are getting a good one in Ace. He's small (short, very strong though), but super athletic, great handles, sometimes tries to do too much but for the most part good decisions. He really elevates when he shoots (a real jump shot) and is releasing the ball at the top of his jump usually with half his body above everyone else, so he got his shot off against much bigger players and hit the shots, often playing through contact to do it. He is also one of the best defenders I've seen in high school. He guarded every position on the court at least a little because of the switching defense they played and did an amazing job guarding some of the 6'8" kids Loyola had (and they were good players not just oofs). Next time I'll make sure my phone is fully charged so I can at least take some pictures if not video. They play regularly on Monday night and I'm usually not doing anything Monday night.

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
Posted in his thread. I'm impressed. Didn't get a chance to talk to him (he took a hard foul at the end and spent the last 21/2 meaningless minutes on the bench then pretty much went straight to the locker room after the game), did talk with several St. Francis fans, former players, who all agree we are getting a good one in Ace. He's small (short, very strong though), but super athletic, great handles, sometimes tries to do too much but for the most part good decisions. He really elevates when he shoots (a real jump shot) and is releasing the ball at the top of his jump usually with half his body above everyone else, so he got his shot off against much bigger players and hit the shots, often playing through contact to do it. He is also one of the best defenders I've seen in high school. He guarded every position on the court at least a little because of the switching defense they played and did an amazing job guarding some of the 6'8" kids Loyola had (and they were good players not just oofs). Next time I'll make sure my phone is fully charged so I can at least take some pictures if not video. They play regularly on Monday night and I'm usually not doing anything Monday night.
Shared your words with the vcu hoops group on facebook, VCU+. TY for this!