Recruiting Welcome to VCU, Josh Banks!

Sethjax

Top Member
Jan 22, 2010
Every player coming to VCU starts out "going to have a special career". The "stock market" always starts high out of the gate, but doesn't close for a good while.
Can't like this comment. I don't go all googly-eyed over a whole lot of Freshmen and I'm very aware that a lot of kids transfer or don't pan out, but this guy has a lot of tools and skills that fit here...shooters are in demand and greatly needed...he's an athlete...gonna be a good one.

Jan 17, 2010
Can't like this comment. I don't go all googly-eyed over a whole lot of Freshmen and I'm very aware that a lot of kids transfer or don't pan out, but this guy has a lot of tools and skills that fit here...shooters are in demand and greatly needed...he's an athlete...gonna be a good one.
Not to mention it didn’t look like everyone was in there with him at 6 am getting up shots. Obviously hasn’t hit the court yet for a meaningful game but looks to be taking the steps that give fans a reason to get excited about.

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012

A shooter, and a good looking athlete. Can’t wait to watch Mr. Banks play. Looks like he has a lot of potential to be a contributor
We (or at least I) forget that his final four was us, Providence, VA Tech, and Temple. Kid had a sheet. He'll help us a lot. Corey singled him out in that Athletic piece too -- knew he was a shooter coming in but had no idea he was as good as he is. Bones absolutely needs that kind of help on the outside

Ramball

Top Member
Insider
Apr 19, 2009
We (or at least I) forget that his final four was us, Providence, VA Tech, and Temple. Kid had a sheet. He'll help us a lot. Corey singled him out in that Athletic piece too -- knew he was a shooter coming in but had no idea he was as good as he is. Bones absolutely needs that kind of help on the outside
Knock down shooter is exactly what the doctor ordered.

Jan 16, 2020
Josh plans to hit a lot of "Banks shots." Long ago, Bank of Virginia was a Rams' radio sponsor..... announcer Joe Dolan used to call a VCU bucket a "Bank of Virginia Shot" whether is was banked or not. Since it was on radio only
, you never knew.

Reactions: DisplacedRam

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Reactions: Ramlove81

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
Bones is a prideful guy with a nice healthy ego. If he states this guy is the "best" he must be pretty darned good at shooting. Let's hope Josh can replicate the stroke during games.