Recruiting Welcome to VCU, Josh Banks!

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
Does anyone else notice how smooth this kid plays the game? His play is beautiful, and effective. We have goys who are explosive and powerful but Banks is just smooth. His play is like a dance.

Really reminds me of a young Walter Davis (style wise). I really enjoy watching him play. Yea, Bones is better, Ace is the leader, and Jamir is explosiveness and power but that Banks is just smooooooth.

I really believe he will be one that we remember for years.

Go Rams!

districtballer

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
Does anyone else notice how smooth this kid plays the game? His play is beautiful, and effective. We have goys who are explosive and powerful but Banks is just smooth. His play is like a dance.

Really reminds me of a young Walter Davis (style wise). I really enjoy watching him play. Yea, Bones is better, Ace is the leader, and Jamir is explosiveness and power but that Banks is just smooooooth.

Go Rams!
I can’t place why, but he gives me Rob Brandenberg vibes at this point in his career. Rob had a heckuva freshman campaign and the way Josh moves reminds me a bit of him. One of my favorite guys who maybe people don’t think about as often as others.

Josh could have a completely different type of career trajectory, but just reminds me of Rob at this point. I’ll take another Rob type all day, every day though.

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
I can’t place why, but he gives me Rob Brandenberg vibes at this point in his career. Rob had a heckuva freshman campaign and the way Josh moves reminds me a bit of him. One of my favorite guys who maybe people don’t think about as often as others.

Josh could have a completely different type of career trajectory, but just reminds me of Rob at this point. I’ll take another Rob type all day, every day though.
I see that as well. But longer and more deliberate. I see Rob +.

ViCtorioUs

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
I thi

I think he is a better finisher than Rob, not taking anything away from Mr. Brandenberg.

Reactions: districtballer

theyaintwantit

Top Member
Dec 22, 2009

He actually gives me some Melvin vibes.
Melvin had a way to contort his body really low when he had the ball in his hands. It helped him to get past defenders and unleash his runner he was famous for. I see a little bit of that in Josh too.

SteveMM

Top Member
Feb 1, 2016

Go Rams!
Yes. This. While watching the game yesterday, I turned to my teenaged son and said, “This is going to sound weird, but I really like the way Banks moves out there, with our without the ball.”

Reactions: DNB

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Josh has been so aggressive as of late. I think Coach is giving him more freedom on both ends of the ball and it’s paying dividends.
156623792_10158004857556527_2419624586793938413_o.jpg

Ramlove81

Top Member
Dec 4, 2013
Josh is really smooth and he can shoot the rock. I like his D best though.
Yes, that's what I liked even when we were recruiting him. He showed up on the defensive end even then. He gets after you on D. Almost like how he finishes on the offensive end just as well. He goes in and you think nothings there and next thing you know the ball is going in the basket. How'd he do that?