Recruiting Welcome to VCU, Josh Banks!

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
He looks like he has a ton of growing to do which is a positive.

Also, I am curious. If some people don't rely on stars or supposedly put little faith in them, why do they go all ga ga over who else offered the player? At the end of the day, its kind of the same thing. People saw him evaluated him and thought he was pretty darned good.

Seems to me if you dont like one, you could care less about the other.

Oh well.

Havoc2Ut2

Top Member
Nov 15, 2014
He looks like he has a ton of growing to do which is a positive.

Also, I am curious. If some people don't rely on stars or supposedly put little faith in them, why do they go all ga ga over who else offered the player? At the end of the day, its kind of the same thing. People saw him evaluated him and thought he was pretty darned good.

Seems to me if you dont like one, you could care less about the other.

Oh well.
Don't you understand. Stars and tiles are king around here. It's the way it works. I for one trust tiles more than stars.

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
does this surprise you in some way?
Not at all. I was simply supporting Ricks contention that he grew a great deal. Come on man why do you continue to comment on even the most benign statements I make? Let it go bro, let it go.

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
Actually I think they are one of the teams paired with VCU this year.

Here are the teams that VCU plays twice: Davidson, Dayton, George Mason, Rhode Island, Richmond
Wow! Davdison, and Dayton SMDH they will be in the top four for sure. I dont want us to limp in or sneak in but I do want a solid 4-6 I think dependent upon match up 4-6 is a sweet spot to getting into the Sweet 16.

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
Not at all. I was simply supporting Ricks contention that he grew a great deal. Come on man why do you continue to comment on even the most benign statements I make? Let it go bro, let it go.
Sorry, I can see that my post sounded snarlier than I intended. It just seemed obvious that the kid like DR would be shorter in HS than in college. No offense intended

Reactions: rammad90

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
Sorry, I can see that my post sounded snarlier than I intended. It just seemed obvious that the kid like DR would be shorter in HS than in college. No offense intended
Thanks man. I really wasn't trying to be snarky. Leaving all that behind.

Better question. Can anyone remember any player having a significant growth spurt while at VCU. I can't remember anyone. The biggest growth spurt I personally ever witnessed was a former HS classmate. The guy was 5'7 as a Sr in HS. Went off to the marines and came back 4 years later 6'6. He had a brother who did about the same. Anthony Davis also grew about 7-8 inches over the summer of his JR HS year. Went from a 3 star Mid Major type guard to well a Beast.

Reactions: N Mollen

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
I don't have an IG account but apparently Ace posted yesterday that he is 6'4". If that were true (count me as a skeptic) it would be an all-time spurt

TampaKAP

Top Member
Insider
Apr 21, 2009
I don't have an IG account but apparently Ace posted yesterday that he is 6'4". If that were true (count me as a skeptic) it would be an all-time spurt
I have IG and I didn't/don't see where he posted that so maybe it was a mistake and he removed it

Reactions: N Mollen