Recruiting Welcome to VCU, Josh Banks!

May 3, 2012
I wonder how common it is to grow an inch or two in college. Can't really get a quick google answer. Anyone know? Brad?
Well, I don't know about growth spurts in general. My oldest son's xmas holiday gift to us after his first semester was for us to buy him all new pants and mostly jeans. He grew more than an inch in 3 plus months. It wasn't close. His original pants looked like high water pants.

Reactions: RAMBALLFAN

BradRamFan

Top Member
May 1, 2009
Well, I don't know about growth spurts in general. My oldest son's xmas holiday gift to us after his first semester was for us to buy him all new pants and mostly jeans. He grew more than an inch in 3 plus months. It wasn't close. His original pants looked like high water pants.
Dude, that's nothing. I am 59 and have no problem at all growing an inch in 3 months...heck, I can grow 2-3 inches and need new pants. My old pants don't look like high waters though.....but I can't button them up or zip up the fly :)

RAMification

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
I've been out of town for a while but glad to see this get done. Josh is a guy that Mike really coveted for 2020. He is really blowing-up. Big Guard with a lot of length and athleticism. Rock solid on both sides of the ball. Should be a terrific scorer and defender for the Rams. Welcome to Ramnation Josh!

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Love the way this class is taking shape. We have a great chance to build something huge here with this one!

On a side note....

It's a byproduct of the Rockingham/Harrisonburg water from the 70's. Lots of chicken poop.
Well, my father is a doctor of veterinary medicine that worked in the poultry industry. We also had a family turkey farm in Broadway that someone lived on and took care of the property for us. You could be correct. I spent many a days working in poultry houses.

Reactions: VCU Finance 2008

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
"2020 6’4 Josh Banks (Committed to VCU): Banks looks to be one of the leaders for this Olympic team. He gets it done on both sides of the ball; as Jamie Shaw said, he is a 2-way wing with his athleticism and motor on the defensive end and his ability to create offensively. He will be looked at as one of the go-to players offensively, as well as bring that same versatility on defense.

Coach Rick: Josh Banks had a spectacular summer and saw his stock explode. In our latest NC 2020 rankings, Banks checks in at no. 6 and maybe one of the most explosive players in the state for his class. The slender and lengthy Banks is an elite-level athlete but also sports an ultra-smooth and fluid game. In addition, Banks leads by example and will be looked upon for valuable senior leadership as Olympic will be a name in the title hunt in the NCHSAA."

RamBo

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
I really like what I am reading about this Young Fella. I am really looking forward to seeing what Josh Banks brings to the table. This Coaching Staff is well on their way.... to building something very special. I think a lot of young Men are looking to get on this Train now- while they can.