Welcome to VCU, Tarique Foster!

PRock

Elite Member
Insider
I don't care what big boy offers she's had. If they don't want her, I'd scoop her up in a second. Give me a whole driveway full of hondas.
Well then, be comfortable with a whole lot of “mechanics” visiting your home….

Hondas are great if you take care of them and drive them right. If something pops up, I've got the tools necessary and don't mind getting my hands greasy.

Well, I've heard a lot of comments like that around 1:45 a.m. 15 minutes before the club shuts down. :D
If Miss Mecklenburg was there, that would have been me making those comments. She is also Miss North Carolina. More like a Accura NSX than a Civic.

N Mollen

Elite Member
Insider
Johnson ended his senior season becoming a four star, but at the time he committed he was a three star. Yet. based on a report from the NY Post at the time that he committed, Johnson chose Miami over Virginia Tech, Georgetown (not sure they offered), South Florida, Dayton and the College of Charleston. The point is he was on the radar of high majors (apparently different than Foster currently from what I'm reading).

P5 is still P5. Kinda like saying you dated the ugliest Miss America. Still better than dating Miss Mecklenburg County. :D
Not really. Foster had an offer from Miss State and "was on the radar" of St Johns, Seton Hall and Pittsburgh, and I read someplace that Marquette was checking him out and may or may not have had a Rutgers offer.

I do think his medical situation played a role in dampening his recruitment, but purely from a recruiting standpoint (as opposed to imponderable "upside"), he was a fringe P6/wheelhouse A10 recruit.

Mistachill

Elite Member
Not really. Foster had an offer from Miss State and "was on the radar" of St Johns, Seton Hall and Pittsburgh, and I read someplace that Marquette was checking him out and may or may not have had a Rutgers offer.

I do think his medical situation played a role in dampening his recruitment, but purely from a recruiting standpoint (as opposed to imponderable "upside"), he was a fringe P6/wheelhouse A10 recruit.
That's fair.

Hops

Elite Member
Insider
Last time I checked, none of the more highly rated recruits that we are pursuing have committed to us. Getting a solid 6'8" Brooklyn kid that wants to be here and the coaches believe in feels like something to celebrate. I trust the coaching staff. Welcome aboard, Tarique!
When we sign our next 4 star with a long offer list I'll celebrate them, too.

Hondas are great if you take care of them and drive them right. If something pops up, I've got the tools necessary and don't mind getting my hands greasy.

Wouldn’t say they are a bad car. I tend to stay away from them cuz the reputation is the drivers are nuts. Especially civics. When a car flys by you doing 30-40 over more often than not it’s a civic.

2012Ram

Elite Member
giphy.gif

vcu_baum

Elite Member
The way I’m looking at it is; we were in on a lot of players for this 2023 class before they BLEW UP nationally and either took us out of their top schools or committed somewhere else. We have shown we have a eye for talent, especially in the class of 2023. So yeah Ty may not have the stars right now, but we recruited him for a reason and I’m confident he’s going to show us why his senior season at Putnam and we’ll be happy we secured the commitment before he blows up. Also if you’re bored and follow him on Instagram, go take at look at his stories posted today playing pickup at Putnam. He looks to have a very nice pull up jumper game at 6’8. The potential is very much there