Welcome Toibu Lawal

Ram14

Elite Member
Insider
If he is 38-39 in the gym. With adrenaline purpling he'd probably top out 43. The thing is he's 6'8. Not sure about his wingspan or standing reach. But even if he is slightly about average he should be able to block a lot of shots and alter many more
The 38-40 is a STANDING Verticle.. His running verticle is closer to 50" and yes he is 6'8" and maybe some change. Bottom line. (errr TOP LINE) he can flat out get up !!! Could be a warm up novelty and developmental back up or he could be our Scottie Pippen find . I look forward to seeing and cheer for great things for the young man.

VCU Heel

Elite Member
The 38-40 is a STANDING Verticle.. His running verticle is closer to 50" and yes he is 6'8" and maybe some change. Bottom line. (errr TOP LINE) he can flat out get up !!! Could be a warm up novelty and developmental back up or he could be our Scottie Pippen find . I look forward to seeing and cheer for great things for the young man.
His running vertical in that clip absolutely 100% was not close to 50 inches. I worked the math out on this earlier in the thread. At 6’8, a 50 inch vertical would have him touching the top of the backboard.

Ram14

Elite Member
Insider
My locks are ace, Nunn, Jamir, and Deloach. So I assume you’re thinking the 4 spot? would love to see it
Add John's to that. Tobi, Kern, Fats, Zeb, and Fermin in relief with mystery man Banks is a nice thought. AND Don't forget The West VA Bomber !!!

Add John's to that. Tobi, Kern, Fats, Zeb, and Fermin in relief with mystery man Banks is a nice thought. AND Don't forget The West VA Bomber !!!
I’m excited that the 2022/2023 Rams have offensive options and threats. Even with all the influx of new talent I believe Watkins is going to shine!

Ram14

Elite Member
Insider
I’m excited that the 2022/2023 Rams have offensive options and threats. Even with all the influx of new talent I believe Watkins is going to shine!
Watkins was my comfort thought all summer before this and knowing that he is back full go for practice brings great hope. He is a talent

Ram14

Elite Member
Insider
His running vertical in that clip absolutely 100% was not close to 50 inches. I worked the math out on this earlier in the thread. At 6’8, a 50 inch vertical would have him touching the top of the backboard.
Maybe your abacus doesn't compute verticals :lol:. Heh, we're having fun here and the jump was up there in the "Wow" numbers. Whether it is 44.46', or close to 50" doesn't change that he has big leaps. I hear it's a "high" number. The standing verticle number is very impressive.

VCU Heel

Elite Member
Maybe your abacus doesn't compute verticals :lol:. Heh, we're having fun here and the jump was up there in the "Wow" numbers. Whether it is 44.46', or close to 50" doesn't change that he has big leaps. I hear it's a "high" number. The standing verticle number is very impressive.
It was aboiut 38 inches plus or minus 2 inches depending on his actual height and arm length in that particular video. The measuring device they were using is standard and it’s pretty simple to calculate.

And it’s funny that people get upset when people say it was “only” about 38 inches. That’s an absolutely insane number.

Ram14

Elite Member
Insider
It was aboiut 38 inches plus or minus 2 inches depending on his actual height and arm length in that particular video. The measuring device they were using is standard and it’s pretty simple to calculate.

And it’s funny that people get upset when people say it was “only” about 38 inches. That’s an absolutely insane number.
The Standing Vertical was just over 38", yes that is an insance number and his height or arm length have zero to do with that measurement. The vertical is also an insane number and and yes reach is part of the equation. It was being able to leap at 6'6" that made your two Heel Legends so spectacular in highlights. When you get a guy like Lawal at 6'8" ( maybe a bit over now) that can leap there is hope that we might be seeing some spectactular plays in the seasons ahead. You and I have wathed enough seasons of college basketball and highlight clips from high school to know that it always doesn't translate into dunk city.

Ram14

Elite Member
Insider
Seems reasonable enough though I would not be surprised to see Jackson, Billups, or Fermin make it to the starting lineup.
It wouldn't be surprising because I cannot remember a recent year that we have had the same 5 people start every game. This happens due to injuries, illnesses, family emergencies, missed classes, a rise and fall in individual play/production, matchups,.. OR a bad stretch and we need to shake things up.