• Total voters

duncanlamb

Elite Member
Insider
I could totally see that

3rd behind Bonnies and Dayton
Lose in the A10 Finals to the Bonnies
Lose to a decent P5 team in the far west

I hope it doesn't end up like that, but I could totally see that scenario playing out.

Better question is....Would we consider that a good season?

I'm just happy to see a normal-ish (hopefully) season take place. Let's get those vaccination numbers up Rams Basketball!!

Same returning dayton team that lost to fordham late in the season?

N Mollen

Elite Member
Insider
I could totally see that

3rd behind Bonnies and Dayton
Lose in the A10 Finals to the Bonnies
Lose to a decent P5 team in the far west

I hope it doesn't end up like that, but I could totally see that scenario playing out.

Better question is....Would we consider that a good season?

I'm just happy to see a normal-ish (hopefully) season take place. Let's get those vaccination numbers up Rams Basketball!!
How could getting to the tournament with this young group be a disappointing season? I really think next year is the one with super high expectations

BradRamFan

Elite Member
How could getting to the tournament with this young group be a disappointing season? I really think next year is the one with super high expectations
You can argue young or old.....we have Vince, Curry, Tsohonis, Nichols, Levi, and Ward who all have several years + of experience. That is about half the team. Granted, two are recent transfers and one is a second year transfer....but they all have experience. Than we have 4 sophomores - some of whom had significant playing time (Baldwin - out until conference play) with Ward and Banks getting more time near the end of the season and Brown also getting decent time on the court but hampered by a few injuries during the season.
I think we have a relatively seasoned squad. The two questions are, can they gel together with the loss of Baldwin and or course Bones. And who will step up on the offensive end to cover the points scored by Bones? Sure, we aren't UR 5/6th year experienced but we aren't completely young either.

People bring a really interesting thought into this. For so many years the expectation was just trying to get to the tourney and get a win. Now it’s been kind of hovering in the 1-2 wins. One has to wonder how long before that shifts to like Sweet 16, Elite 8, etc with coaching staying consistent and the recruiting on the rise. Like if in coming years winning a game or even 2 is considered a disappointment? It’s a interesting thought if nothing changes as far as anything drastic affecting the program’s upward rise.

ViCtorioUs

Elite Member
People bring a really interesting thought into this. For so many years the expectation was just trying to get to the tourney and get a win. Now it’s been kind of hovering in the 1-2 wins. One has to wonder how long before that shifts to like Sweet 16, Elite 8, etc with coaching staying consistent and the recruiting on the rise. Like if in coming years winning a game or even 2 is considered a disappointment? It’s a interesting thought if nothing changes as far as anything drastic affecting the program’s upward rise.
I am bitterly disappointed every year we don’t win the national championship.

Not so long ago the only time we got on TV was during he rare times we made the NCAA

got a lot of freshmen and lost a big we needed. MBJ really needs to take a big step up but thats not unheard of for a sophomore.
if we can run and gun we will be ok. it will either be a blessing or a curse having to wait for Baldwin to recover. huge opportunity for the freshmen if they can shorten that learning curve pretty dramatically.