Recruiting What would you do with the last (known) scholly?

BradRamFan

Top Member
May 1, 2009
heck at least you have the drugs! LOL
I am drug free, thank you. I will have to wait until the florida election to see if recreational comes to florida and then another 2+ years while the state dicks around...aka, stalls before any retail shops open :) It is either that or drive to MA, MI, or CO. It I go out on the street to purchase I can almost guarantee that my luck would see it's way to purchasing from some undercover cop.....lol.

• Haha
Reactions: BaNgMyPrOgRaM
May 3, 2012
I'm only a little upset with the staff...by this time last Friday, a new recruit had already committed...

BracketForecast

Top Member
May 9, 2011
so what was the deal with Henry Coleman? Like why did he not really give us the time of day? Is he one of those "if you're not in a power conference I'm too cool for you" kids?

Reactions: duncanlamb

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
so what was the deal with Henry Coleman? Like why did he not really give us the time of day? Is he one of those "if you're not in a power conference I'm too cool for you" kids?
One parent went to UVa and the other parent went to VA Tech. Henry went to a private school. Not surprised at all that he was only looking at a power conference.

Reactions: duncanlamb
May 3, 2012
I know when a few of us went to see Bacot, JD Byers was also there for VCU as was a uva assistant coach. I'm sure they were also there for Coleman, so uva has been looking at him since his soph year.

GuardTheArc

Top Member
Dec 4, 2014
Yeah, but I also see he's seriously considering Tech. We're a better program.
P6 schools will almost always have the upper hand.

Half of the A-10 is “little league.” Tiny programs, tiny private school fan bases, ridiculously outdated facilities, and little excitement/buzz/investment; 6-7 programs treading water, collecting their annual A-10 payouts, and swimming in a sea of irrelevancy.

Like most things in life, the elite aspire to bigger/better, as they rightfully should.

VCU basketball generally benefits from this malaise/mediocrity on the win-loss side of the ledger but we also pay for it in many other ways (recruiting, scheduling, exposure, perception, revenue, TV, SOS, tourney seeding, etc).

Life as a non-P6............

We’ve actually done a remarkable job over the past 16 years considering the obstacles/landscape/company.

We’re never going to get the truly elite recruits. We primarily live in the 100-350 (recruit rankings) neighborhood which is about right considering the school, conference, competition, facilities, etc.

“You are who you hang out with........”