What would your 11-man Ram Nation 2019 TBT roster look like?

Discussion in 'VCU Mens Basketball' started by Natty, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Natty

Natty Co-Founder Staff Member Top Member

One of the funnest things about being a TBT team is creating a roster. Being a GM of an alumni team makes the roster creation somewhat easier in a way (you mostly pick from VCU guys) but in some ways more difficult (because you gotta stick to mostly VCU).

So if YOU were making next summer's Ram Nation TBT roster and it was just 11 guys, who would you put on the team?

Beirne likes this.
  2. Beirne

Beirne Hall of Famer Top Member

Just to be clear, what are the rules regarding who can and who cannot participate?

3. vcugq08

vcugq08 Starter

What kind of shape is Nick George in?

4. Natty

Natty Co-Founder Staff Member Top Member

Basically if they are under NBA contract, they can't play (or NFL in Mo's case). Basically just need guys who are able to play. Also consider Summer League can effect the roster. For example, say we had added Hassan Martin this year like I wanted, he would've missed the first two games because of Summer League. So you gotta try and figure out who's probably playing in Summer League (like JeQuan, Justin, etc)

5. RowdyPkunk

RowdyPkunk Legend Top Member

Hmm I like this challenge..... so 11 guys... tough though.... cause someone's gonna have to get left off.

6. pumraWr

pumraWr New Member

Distributing --------- Maynor - Theus - Johnny
    Scoring --------------- Rozzell - Melvin - Reggie - Shu
    Messing People Up - Burgess - Burgess - Larry - Zeke

lots of speed, lots of scoring, some good defense... would like to have another big but also HAVOC. Maybe swab a Burgess for Gilmore or Farr

#6 pumraWr, Aug 2, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
  7. WillWeaverRVA

WillWeaverRVA Legend Top Member

I can't think of a full roster at the moment but I would absolutely bring back Reggie, Zeke, and James Farr as big guys who are incredibly versatile. Unfortunately that makes things even more difficult to put together.

pumraWr and Love2Ram like this.
  8. AlienAiden

AlienAiden Legend Top Member

If Justin goes to Europe I would add him.

Cossack, pumraWr, SwiftyClown and 2 others like this.
  9. VCJEW

VCJEW Scholarship Top Member

I'll take overseas ellite's current roster and take that guaranteed money.

10. vcugq08

vcugq08 Starter

Should be a good game tonight. Eberlein Drive has two NBA players on their roster. Their PG Randle is pretty good too.

11. WillWeaverRVA

WillWeaverRVA Legend Top Member

With JeQuan headed to South Korea I would definitely consider adding him.

pumraWr likes this.
  12. Ram Cray

Ram Cray Hall of Famer

Go get Justin Tilman, Tre Graham and Troy Daniels

Win the darn thing.

13. RowdyPkunk

Well right now Tre & Troy aren't allowed to play in it cause they are on an NBA roster and making guaranteed money. If they have a bad game & their team loses.... they still get paid. In TBT, if you have a bad game and your team loses at any point.... you're done and you get $0. Heck in TBT you could have the game of your life.... but if you're team loses you still get $0.

If they were later into their NBA careers, then I would say those are possible options.... but Tre & Troy are still young. As is Tillman... If they can stay on NBA rosters, let them make some guaranteed money.

#13 RowdyPkunk, Aug 3, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
  14. Reddic-ulous

Reddic-ulous All-Star

I think the only positive for Tillman would be the chance for exposure that could improve his chance of gaining interest from NBA scouts. On the other hand, if you are a player trying to make an NBA team then this could be a really risky move. The perceived quality of competition is extremely low which makes a subpar game really lowers your value.

My ideal TBT team would be former players in their 30's who have completed their careers and are only out here for the enjoyment and camaraderie. All our younger players will not be eligible because their contracts forbid them from playing.

15. RowdyPkunk

So you wouldn't want guys like B-Rozz or Reggie on the roster because they're still playing professionally? I mean B-Rozz is getting close to that 30 mark (if he hasn't hit it this off season) but he's still playing at a high level overseas.

Right now only the NBA players prohibited from playing in the TBT, overseas players can still play in it unless their team specifically prohibits it.