Which newcomer are you looking foward to see play?

Jun 29, 2017
All of them. Hard to pick just one, but I'll agree with you and WillWeaverRVA and say I'm looking forward to seeing Ace and MBJ the most. I hate leaving Jamir and Josh out. Should be a really fun class to watch.

I want to see somebody step forward as a defensive dog - the snarling doberman of the early 20s.

DisplacedRam

Top Member
Insider
Mar 21, 2017
yeah I can't pick just one of these dudes.

Dec 16, 2013
Ace all the way - Look out Assist Records - Eric Maynor your 674 is at risk - MR needs to give the keys to the family auto to this Charm City leader

go rams (and you other young-ins make your shots when Ace distributes the rock)

Reactions: DisplacedRam

SteveMM

Top Member
Feb 1, 2016
I assume we're classifying Medley-Bacon as a newcomer, and I'm selecting him. VCU has had a series of undersized "big" men who have done quite well. I'm curious to see what happens with a seven-footer (plus) under the basket. There aren't too many of those in the A10.

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
I think Ace is the most game-ready and likely to give us the most immediate thrills in year one. I have big hopes for Jamir and MBJ but I suspect they'll be a little longer getting their feet underneath them. Banks may actually be the most important of the newcomers, though. We need shooters on this team, and right now we only have one that is money in the bank.

So, all of them.

Reactions: VCUBeatsduke

NCRam

Top Member
Feb 23, 2013
I am looking forward to Ace probably the most. But, I am also looking forward to "Bones" being the floor general this year.

Reactions: duncanlamb

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
Definitely Ace, but I am also looking forward to seeing McAlister this year after a full season in the program. He just might make the biggest leap of all of the returning players. I will say this. If I'm Ace or Bones and in a dog fight, I'm standing right behind Williams and McAlister. Safest place to be on the court in my mind. 8-)