Who are your top 10 VCU dunkers of all-time?

districtballer

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
Here’s my list based off of limited fandom and watching YouTube tape almost exclusively supplied by @Mistachill (you’re the real MVP!). I’m almost certainly missing guys, so you folks who’ve been around for the 70s and 80s fill me in on who I’m missing!

1. Kendrick Warren
2. Willie Taylor
3. Briante Weber
4. Larry Sanders
5. Justin Tillman
6. Tyron McCoy
7. Mo Alie-Cox
8. Sherman Hamilton (pre-injury)
9. Michael Anderson
10. Ben Peabody

Also video links or pictures of crazy dunks are always welcome!

VCU74

Top Member
May 29, 2017

Man I could do this all day but I got chores:(

Someone add some Tillman tomahawks and Mo’s steal and dunk against UR?

Ramball

Top Member
Insider
Apr 19, 2009
Here’s my list based off of limited fandom and watching YouTube tape almost exclusively supplied by @Mistachill (you’re the real MVP!). I’m almost certainly missing guys, so you folks who’ve been around for the 70s and 80s fill me in on who I’m missing!

1. Kendrick Warren
2. Willie Taylor
3. Briante Weber
4. Larry Sanders
5. Justin Tillman
6. Tyron McCoy
7. Mo Alie-Cox
9. Michael Anderson
10. Ben Peabody

Think you pretty much nailed the list. I could see Watkins and Ward making run at the top 10......

VRam

Top Member
Apr 24, 2009

1. Kendrick Warren
2. Willie Taylor
3. Briante Weber
4. Larry Sanders
5. Justin Tillman
6. Tyron McCoy
7. Mo Alie-Cox
9. Michael Anderson
10. Ben Peabody

That's a great list. There's a big gap between #1 and the rest. Kendrick was unbelievable. I think I might slip Kenny Stancell and Ren Watson in after JT.

Reactions: BaNgMyPrOgRaM

ramin75

Top Member
May 1, 2009
Add Jesse Dark. Took off from free throw line in a game one step and slam! He’s a big guy too. A lot of movement going airborne. Not on a level of K Warren, L, Sanders, or Ren Watson, but quite an athlete in that body.

Jan 16, 2020
Add Jesse Dark. Took off from free throw line in a game one step and slam! He’s a big guy too. A lot of movement going airborne. Not on a level of K Warren, L, Sanders, or Ren Watson, but quite an athlete in that body.

That must have been in practice or an exhibition. The dunk was not allowed in NCAA or high school ball during the early '70s ("The Alcindor Rule). That said, Dark was great and would have had many dunks if the rules permitted.

Reactions: share the ball

KentuckyRam

Insider
Jul 16, 2009
That must have been in practice or an exhibition. The dunk was not allowed in NCAA or high school ball during the early '70s ("The Alcindor Rule). That said, Dark was great and would have had many dunks if the rules permitted.
67-76. Guess that got Jabo as well.

vcurams

Insider
Apr 26, 2009

1. Kendrick Warren
2. Willie Taylor
3. Briante Weber
4. Larry Sanders
5. Justin Tillman
6. Tyron McCoy
7. Mo Alie-Cox
9. Michael Anderson
10. Ben Peabody

1-9 Kendrick 😉
10 Ward

• Haha
Reactions: districtballer