Work Those Quads! (Net Ranking A10 Quick Reference Thread) VCU 56

Updated for the week ahead. SLU should move up alittle as it just pounded Umass to bits. Likely a revenge game for the L they took last week to them. Hard to estimate what a W would do Tuesday but likely we would move into the 55 range but depending on the weight it’s given we might move to the lower 50s. 40s is extremely unlikely but who knows. Need to win to find out though.

(Don’t want discuss a L much but likely we drop to the mid 70s. Just an assumption.)

Attachments

• 285A5327-C1DC-45D1-B0D0-D724F1908C0E.jpeg
    285A5327-C1DC-45D1-B0D0-D724F1908C0E.jpeg
    147.8 KB · Views: 13
Updated!

Big drop by Davidson but nice jump by VCU

Attachments

• DAAC19CE-6E2E-4E53-927F-D3ED02C247E8.png
    DAAC19CE-6E2E-4E53-927F-D3ED02C247E8.png
    709.5 KB · Views: 49

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
Updated!

Big drop by Davidson but nice jump by VCU
Considering Davidson only lost by 2, I'm surprised at how much they dropped. Thankfully they're still well within the Q1 threshold.

We really don't need SLU to drop much more, at the moment they are our last Q1 win opportunity.

Wolfpack Ram

Elite Member
Considering Davidson only lost by 2, I'm surprised at how much they dropped. Thankfully they're still well within the Q1 threshold.

We really don't need SLU to drop much more, at the moment they are our last Q1 win opportunity.

Other than San Francisco, Alabama, fur and VCU twice, Davidson's schedule has been pretty soft. And one of Davidson's wins was against DIII Johnson & Wales.

Regarding VCU's opportunities for Q1 wins going forward, they also have the A-10 Tournament. SLU is not their only opportunity left.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
Other than San Francisco, Alabama, fur and VCU twice, Davidson's schedule has been pretty soft. And one of Davidson's wins was against DIII Johnson & Wales.

Regarding VCU's opportunities for Q1 wins going forward, they also have the A-10 Tournament. SLU is not their only opportunity left.
They do but there will not be a Q1 opportunity on the neutral court.

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
Dayton just dropped to #78 in the NET, so we lost a Q1 road win. A home win over #173 Fordham by only 7 wasn't enough to keep them at 75.

The only Q1 win opportunity we would have in the A10 tournament would be if we played Davidson again, and only if they remain above #50 in the NET. They're currently #46, so it would not take much. No other A10 teams (aside from VCU) are likely to get above #50 by then unless SLU goes on a tear during February and March and we end up playing them again.

Dayton just dropped to #78 in the NET, so we lost a Q1 road win. A home win over #173 Fordham by only 7 wasn't enough to keep them at 75.

The only Q1 win opportunity we would have in the A10 tournament would be if we played Davidson again, and only if they remain above #50 in the NET. They're currently #46, so it would not take much. No other A10 teams (aside from VCU) are likely to get above #50 by then unless SLU goes on a tear during February and March and we end up playing them again.

Dayton might be able to push itself back in tonight. As far as what we can do. All we can do is keep winning. Maybe grab the regular season title or a share of it which might be enough if we don’t lay a complete egg in the A10 tourney. The A10 regular season champ never gets left out generally. If we end up just behind for the second seed I think a respectable showing in the A10 tourney is enough. If we get to finals from a higher seed I think we’re in 100%. I’ll do the next full update after the weekend.

TampaKAP

Elite Member
Insider
It's not. I bet we get 2 or 3 in.
The path to three is very narrow. There might be a path to 4 but I highly doubt it. (I would need to take the time to review the schedule and I don't care that much at this point) Minus Davidson winning it all I think 2 is a pretty safe bet. At this very moment, I would say Davidson, Bonnies, and VCU have the best chance to make it 3 but all of us would have to play Saturday and VCU and the Bonnies would have a Sunday rematch.

Two caveats

• This is based on if the tournament started today
  • And as a Steelers fan, I believe anything is possible when black and yellow is involved as no way you could have convinced me that the Steelers would make the playoffs until it actually happened

Ramlove81

Elite Member
The path to three is very narrow. There might be a path to 4 but I highly doubt it. (I would need to take the time to review the schedule and I don't care that much at this point) Minus Davidson winning it all I think 2 is a pretty safe bet. At this very moment, I would say Davidson, Bonnies, and VCU have the best chance to make it 3 but all of us would have to play Saturday and VCU and the Bonnies would have a Sunday rematch.

Two caveats

• This is based on if the tournament started today
  • And as a Steelers fan, I believe anything is possible when black and yellow is involved as no way you could have convinced me that the Steelers would make the playoffs until it actually happened
Just remember, we are black and gold, not that pale yellow Stealers color. Sorry, I may be in Ohio now, but still love the Ravens!

TampaKAP

Elite Member
Insider
Just remember, we are black and gold, not that pale yellow Stealers color. Sorry, I may be in Ohio now, but still love the Ravens!
I hear you and as soon as I see a Black and Gold uni, I'll edit this thread 8-)