VCU 78

Other top 100 A10

Davidson 49

SLU 71

URI 86

UR 89

Dayton 92
thanks for these updates!
what is the past experience regarding NET for A10 schools once we get into the Conference only game portion - Do we see teams falling below their ratings above on average or treading water or rising slightly (seems a10 once again is around the 7th-9th best conference - dragged down by the lower tier IMHO, if we had best 10 schools we would probably be the 6th or 7th best conference yearly and sometimes the 5th)
go Rams (my moonshot prediction is VCU ends up with a NET of 55)

HBK

Elite Member
what is the past experience regarding NET for A10 schools once we get into the Conference only game portion - Do we see teams falling below their ratings above on average or treading water or rising slightly (seems a10 once again is around the 7th-9th best conference - dragged down by the lower tier IMHO, if we had best 10 schools we would probably be the 6th or 7th best conference yearly and sometimes the 5th)
For what it is worth, according to Warren Nolan’s site, VCU has the top SOS in the A10. At the moment, VCU’s strength of schedule is ranked #59 nationally. UR is right behind at #60. (We’d be even higher if we could have played Penn State.)

SLU at #84 is the only other one in the top 100 of SOS. Relative to our conference brethren, it sure seems that VCU, UR and SLU are the only ones who really challenged themselves in the non-conference.

VCU Finance 2008

Elite Member
It’s all good anyway. I think most know I been posting back to the CAAZone days(Though my younger self posted some really stupid stuff so those posts were significantly less popular 😂.). Unfortunately my RN (RRR) was wiped out and name can’t be retrieved (Yet funny enough if you try to register with it you get a error for it already being in the system.).
If Bradford Burgess were a strain of covid how contagious would he be?

BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Elite Member
We'd have to give Bradford the basketball virus, that works in reverse, and he gets anything but sick,and balls and defeats his opponents on his way to total world dominance as a Super Hero!!

We need a NET in the low forties to be considered for an at large. Davidson is the only one so far

I’ll update end of this week. Obviously with games being cancelled left and right Net rankings have been quite meaningless. Maybe we’ll be in the 50s if we win tonight.

can any NET expert explain in plain language why VCU went from 64 to 53 in the NET after a dominating win versus LaSalle on the road
might have thought we could climb a few spots but 11 spots with a victory over one of the two cellar dwellers in our conference?
Love the fact we are now 53 (don't get me wrong here)
go Rams

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
can any NET expert explain in plain language why VCU went from 64 to 53 in the NET after a dominating win versus LaSalle on the road
might have thought we could climb a few spots but 11 spots with a victory over one of the two cellar dwellers in our conference?
go Rams
Mostly due to a road win but also margin of victory. Also, depends on how teams above VCU did yesterday.

HBK

Elite Member
Mostly due to a road win but also margin of victory. Also, depends on how teams above VCU did yesterday.
I was just about to reply with similar thoughts. I would add it also depends, in part, on how the teams we’ve already played did yesterday, too.

margin of victory is no longer a factor in NET (that was adjusted in 2020 changes) A road win versus LaSalle who had a NET of like 270 is not a reason to advance much in my thinking - this was not a road win versus a quality opponent
NET still preplexes me at times - though happy we are in 50s now and getting to that solid position for selection to tourney if we are not an AQ

I looked at what our opponents did yesterday too before I asked my question because I recognize that is a factor
Uconn lost to a quality team SHU
Syracuse lost to an ok team
Vandy lost at home to SC a below avg SEC team
baylor road victory vs TCU (good victory)
dayton beats GWU (another a10 dog)
Chat beat someone in their conference
not sure if any other games of importance of past opponents ( in my thinking opponents performance nothing that could have caused boost to VCU yesterday)

Last edited:

Newboy

Elite Member
Insider
go Rams
4-0 on the road baby!