Zeb Jackson Is A Ram

rollins77

Elite Member
Insider
This surprises me about Rob Brandenberg. Guess he was a Shaka and not Rhoades guy. You’d think he’d be all over VCU Basketball living in RVa. Believe he works at Carmax if I’m not mistaken.
Some guys just have different things going on in their lives and don't stay as connected as some others. It's all good. Rob's royalty around here, and nobody was a bigger Rob B proponent back in the day than Rhoades.

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
Some guys just have different things going on in their lives and don't stay as connected as some others. It's all good. Rob's royalty around here, and nobody was a bigger Rob B proponent back in the day than Rhoades.
Pretty much this. Rob has been very busy doing work in the community for the past several years and between that and his day job I doubt he has time to stay connected.

Mistachill

Elite Member
WAY better than Bones. I honestly don't remember what Kendrick's sheet looked like. I am sure it was impressive but that was in the age before moveable type. Not really relevant now
From what I remember, Kendrick's offer sheet was impacted by academic challenges. If it were based on talent, I think just about every school in the country would've offered.

SteveMM

Elite Member
From what I remember, Kendrick's offer sheet was impacted by academic challenges. If it were based on talent, I think just about every school in the country would've offered.
He also verbally stated in his junior year that he wanted to go to VCU. That may have turned off a few schools, figuring that they shouldn't waste their time.

Ramlove81

Elite Member
No but that's most likely what we got. He's a bucket getter.
Hope so, just hoping he's a good contributor, helps us win games, makes us better. Past that is gravy! I'd like some really good gravy!

Mistachill

Elite Member
He also verbally stated in his junior year that he wanted to go to VCU. That may have turned off a few schools, figuring that they shouldn't waste their time.
Not my recollection but others can chime in.

According to the Times-Dispatch he announced on April 26, 1990 (his freshman season was 90-91) and his final four were VCU, UNLV, Richmond and Virginia Union (very odd list considering his talent).

Edit: actually there is some truth to what you posted: "Warren told a Times-Dispatch reporter during the early signing period last fall that he intended to sign with VCU but recanted his statement the following day."

Apologies.

Last edited:

Ram Jam

Elite Member
I know the last few seasons the transfers have been very disappointing and have pretty much bottomed out the expectations of the fanbase.

I may be dead ass wrong, but I honestly feel like this is a very different situation and ultimately a Skeen level acquisition.

I feel like he can average 15/20 ppg here. The big question is if he can play defense. I think our coaches can get him there. Our backcourt was already looking really good and Zeb is just the kind of create your own shot bomb threes in transition scorer we have desperately been looking for.

Huge way to start the offseason.
What exactly makes you think he can avg 15-20? Just a gut feeling?

Havoc2Ut2

Elite Member
This Special K stuff is like a bit over 30 years old if my foggy brain can recollect...

And I'll withhold my thoughts on Zeb until we see if he can break into the lineup we have coming back.

Last edited:
We are lucky Virginia Union didn't steal him away because they were still extreme good at that point.

I don't know why some schools (VA Tech, other P6 schools) didn't look at him more closely. He was a beast!

Newboy

Elite Member
Insider
We are lucky Virginia Union didn't steal him away because they were still extreme good at that point.

I don't know why some schools (VA Tech, other P6 schools) didn't look at him more closely. He was a beast!
True story. Sonny Smith told me once that Kendrick couldn't run plays.