Zoli Khalil newest Ram (Spotswood High School)

Steve Roadcap

Elite Member
HARRISONBURG, Va. (WHSV) - Spotswood girls basketball standout Zoli Khalil is headed to VCU.

Khalil announced her commitment to the Rams’ program during a ceremony inside the Spotswood High School auditorium Wednesday night. Khalil chose VCU over Towson. She had nearly 25 total offers to play at the Division I level.

Steve Roadcap

Elite Member
As a junior Khalil was the Va VHSL Class 3 player of the year playing for Spotswood High School in Penn Laird,Va (Rockingham County). She averaged 26.2 points and 12.2 rebounds per game. She had nearly 25 Division One offers. Looks like a very nice pick up for VCU.

RowdyPkunk

Elite Member
As a junior Khalil was the Va VHSL Class 3 player of the year playing for Spotswood High School in Penn Laird,Va (Rockingham County). She averaged 26.2 points and 12.2 rebounds per game. She had nearly 25 Division One offers. Looks like a very nice pick up for VCU.

The stats are pretty impressive... but I'll wait to see what she does when she gets here and how Coach uses her.

And while it's impressive she had nearly 25 offers.... my question is where all were the offers? I've seen James Madison, Elon, George Mason, UNCW, William & Mary, and St. Bonaventure. I also heard Fordham might've been on that list as well. Don't know who else.

But it's not like she chose us over UConn, Stanford, Notre Dame... or a bunch of P5 WBB programs.

This isn't to diminish her or her abilities at all... but to me, its a wait & see.

RAMification

Elite Member
In addition to being named the VHSL Class 3 POY it appears she is generally ranked in the top 3/4 players in the state. Always wise to be cautious but it's good to see a highly regarded local prospect commit to VCU.