09-10 Schedule

Mercury

Elite Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2009
Posts
11,879
Likes
15,163
I will update this post as games come in

Updated to add JMU

Home:

10/31 Closed Scrimage
11/5 Va. Union(Exhibition)
11/13 Bethune-Cookman
11/21 Oklahoma
11/27 Nevada
12/2 URI
12/12 UR
12/29 ECU
2/19 or 2/20 Bracketbuster
2/24 JMU

Away/ Neutral
11/18 @ Western Michigan
11/23 @ Hampton
12/19 @ Tulane
2/13 @ JMU
 
Re: 09-10 Home Schedule

way down the road but just a thought, I hope that Nevada game is a night game and I hope it can be a sellout or near sellout even though its on the day after thanksgiving aka Black Friday...either way with the potential of it being on espn2/espnU and being on "black friday" gives a great opportunity for another Black Out.
 
Re: 09-10 Home Schedule

If the marketing folks in the Athletic Department at VCU use their best creative skills, they can do quite a promotion by tying the game into Black Friday. It could be a sell out. I can think of all kinds of tie ins!
 
Re: 09-10 Home Schedule

If we do Black out for Black Friday theme one piece of advice to people.

Walmart employees should change out of their uniforms before they come.
 
Re: 09-10 Home Schedule

RRR said:
If we do Black out for Black Friday theme one piece of advice to people.

Walmart employees should change out of their uniforms before they come.

Im not even quite sure what that means?
 
Re: 09-10 Home Schedule

r4m said:
RRR said:
If we do Black out for Black Friday theme one piece of advice to people.

Walmart employees should change out of their uniforms before they come.

Im not even quite sure what that means?

Just smile and nod.
 
Re: 09-10 Home Schedule

Welcome to the other side flyboy.

We will definitely find out what this team is made of over those 3 games. At least they are all at home. It sucked having to travel so far for the BB game last year, but because of that we will be at home this year while Nevada travels over Thanksgiving. Personally I can't wait for that home stand. We have an opportunity to avenge 4 of our OOC losses from last season in about a week and a half all at home. Hopefully plenty of fans come out and support the team.
 
Re: 09-10 Home Schedule

Don't forget we also get Nevada either before or after their game with UNC. Good chance they will either be over looking us or hungry for revenge after a loss to UNC. Or possibly coming off a high after beating UNC.
 
Re: 09-10 Home Schedule

VCU Finance 2008 said:
Welcome to the other side flyboy.


Joel_Joe_Caleb_hats_off_8-03_72dpi.jpg
 
Re: 09-10 Home Schedule

And we will be coming off two big victories against former coaches. I am getting really excited about the start to next season. It is a shame that Skeen won't be eligable yet, but hopefully Coach Smart will have the team focused and ready to go early on. No doubt Nevada will have a tough trip having to come from the west coast to face us and UNC. Yes we lost our best player and coach, but Nevada lost their coach as well, and OK lost their best player, so any thing could happen that early in the season. Hopefully we will be able to pull out 4 big wins at home.
 
Re: 09-10 Home Schedule

Mercury said:
Don't forget we also get Nevada either before or after their game with UNC. Good chance they will either be over looking us or hungry for revenge after a loss to UNC. Or possibly coming off a high after beating UNC.
Or more likely a crushing defeat.
 
Back
Top