19' PG Prospect Jahmir Young:Closed

@duncanlamb will you please consider posting the news of unofficial visits in the Recruiting Thread? All these new threads are clogging things up around here. And from what I understand, there are so many unofficial visits, it’s just too much.
I hope you are not the type of person who will now intentionally post more of these threads just because you’ve been asked not to.
Things just get lost in recruiting. Someone suggested an unofficial visit and official visit one. That makes sense as it lends a sense of progression. But clogging up what ? I don't understand what that means.

Actually I don't see where things are getting clogged up. There isn't a lot going on here other than DL's Wahab thread and his unofficial visit threads. And of course those who are complaining about them. At least SpiderRAM is nice about it.

It's not like he started a thread about a guy who only wants to visit VCU. . . . Oh wait.

I think this calls for the “Now that’s a Tasty beer “ thread to be moved to Basketball and away from Off Topic. That’s my take on all this

I have absolutely no problem with someone posting a new thread about a potential Ram visiting VCU....official or not - unless the coaching staff wants to keep the visit quiet. Not sure why people have a problem with posting about a kid interested in VCU regardless of whether it is a new thread or in the recruiting thread.

@duncanlamb will you please consider posting the news of unofficial visits in the Recruiting Thread? All these new threads are clogging things up around here. And from what I understand, there are so many unofficial visits, it’s just too much.
I hope you are not the type of person who will now intentionally post more of these threads just because you’ve been asked not to.
I don't get what is getting clogged up. You either take the time to read it or you skip it.

-PAXP-deijE.gif

I'll just leave this here -

You are holding a cup of coffee when someone comes along and shoves you or shakes your arm, making you spill coffee everywhere. Why did you spill the coffee? 'Well because someone bumped into me, of course!'

Wrong answer. You spilled the coffee because coffee was in the cup. If tea had been it, you would have spilled tea.
Whatever is inside the cup is what will come out. Therefore, when life comes along and shakes you (which will happen), or posts something you don't like, whatever is inside of you will come out. It's easy to fake it until you get rattled.

So we have to ask ourselves.....what's in my cup? When life gets tough, what spills over? Joy, gratefulness, peace and humility?
Or anger, bitterness, harsh words and actions?

You chose!

Today let's work towards filling our cups with gratitude, forgiveness, joy, words of affirmation to yourself and others, kindness, gentleness, and love!
-PAXP-deijE.gif

Italics added.
-PAXP-deijE.gif
-PAXP-deijE.gif
-PAXP-deijE.gif
-PAXP-deijE.gif
-PAXP-deijE.gif

-PAXP-deijE.gif

I'll just leave this here -

You are holding a cup of coffee when someone comes along and shoves you or shakes your arm, making you spill coffee everywhere. Why did you spill the coffee? 'Well because someone bumped into me, of course!'

Wrong answer. You spilled the coffee because coffee was in the cup. If tea had been it, you would have spilled tea.
Whatever is inside the cup is what will come out. Therefore, when life comes along and shakes you (which will happen), or posts something you don't like, whatever is inside of you will come out. It's easy to fake it until you get rattled.

So we have to ask ourselves.....what's in my cup? When life gets tough, what spills over? Joy, gratefulness, peace and humility?
Or anger, bitterness, harsh words and actions?

You chose!

Today let's work towards filling our cups with gratitude, forgiveness, joy, words of affirmation to yourself and others, kindness, gentleness, and love!
-PAXP-deijE.gif

Italics added.
-PAXP-deijE.gif
-PAXP-deijE.gif
-PAXP-deijE.gif
-PAXP-deijE.gif
-PAXP-deijE.gif
That is one dumb post! Anger, bitterness and harsh words are as much parts of human nature as kindness, gentleness and love. And each one has purposes to it. Each emotion is tied to your reaction to different situations. You're simply faking it if you tell me you've never gotten mad or used bad words.

I feel like you'd be the type of person who'd ignore and pretend like nothing happened when you see someone being killed on side of a road because your life is filled with love only and anger cant spill out of you. Or do you walk up to the perpetrator and tell him that he did nothing wrong and that you love him?

If someone preaches absolute comparison between a cup full of coffee and human emotion, you're wasting your time there. Human emotions are multitudes more complex

I don't get what is getting clogged up. You either take the time to read it or you skip it.
That's not how it works though.

Just try to change a thread title some day. The same dummies tripping over themselves to scream about freedom of speech will be frothing at the mouth about how it shouldn't be allowed.

That is one dumb post! Anger, bitterness and harsh words are as much parts of human nature as kindness, gentleness and love. And each one has purposes to it. Each emotion is tied to your reaction to different situations. You're simply faking it if you tell me you've never gotten mad or used bad words.

I feel like you'd be the type of person who'd ignore and pretend like nothing happened when you see someone being killed on side of a road because your life is filled with love only and anger cant spill out of you. Or do you walk up to the perpetrator and tell him that he did nothing wrong and that you love him?

If someone preaches absolute comparison between a cup full of coffee and human emotion, you're wasting your time there. Human emotions are multitudes more complex

Not to put words in enons mouth, but I suspect the point was, "are people posting threads that you don't think need to be a thread" worth getting angry about? Not "I've never been angry in my life and neither should you". And not, "if you see someone get murdered, love the killer anyway". Talk about an absurd leap there!

Of course anger is part of our fabric...I believe the point was to suggest don't use it when not necessary (like about the existence of threads one may not find necessary). He/she was just trying to bring a little positive attitude to a message board. Clearly a futile endeavor...

Not to put words in enons mouth, but I suspect the point was, "are people posting threads that you don't think need to be a thread" worth getting angry about? Not "I've never been angry in my life and neither should you". And not, "if you see someone get murdered, love the killer anyway". Talk about an absurd leap there!

Of course anger is part of our fabric...I believe the point was to suggest don't use it when not necessary (like about the existence of threads one may not find necessary). He/she was just trying to bring a little positive attitude to a message board. Clearly a futile endeavor...
This! The Lizard speaks the truth.

Now the kat wants out of the basement. He's going bezerk over the preponderance of new threads around here!

What does that mean? Are you really going to keep up with an online persona of Mudkat bring some thing?

Back