1968 Basketball Team Photo

Can anyone tell me where I might get a copy of the 1968 VCU(then RPI) basketball team? I was a member of that team (albeit I could only play during the second half of the season having tranfered to RPI in the summer of 1968). Please contact me at [email protected] if you have a source for the photo. Thanks in advance.
Regards,

Mike Meehan

Can anyone tell me where I might get a copy of the 1968 VCU(then RPI) basketball team? I was a member of that team (albeit I could only play during the second half of the season having tranfered to RPI in the summer of 1968). Please contact me at [email protected] if you have a source for the photo. Thanks in advance.
Regards,

Mike Meehan

You mean the 68-69 team right? I thought we were VCU starting sometime in 67.

July 1 '68 was when the change occurred. If someone has a picture hope they can share it on here too!

Regards,

Mike Meehan

It is honor to have you post here sir. Never forget the ones who started this all

Perhaps the dept of athletics....or maybe the VCU library has an archive of old photo's. That might be an option too.

Mr. Mike Meehan. You must be an old fart! Seriously, thank you for your service. It's men like you that makes one not want to go to war with the Rams! I salute you!!

Mike Meehan, this one is for you my friend.
giphy.gif

The 1967-68 Rams were last to represent Richmond Professional Institute.

The 68-69 Rams were first under Virginia Commonwealth University banner.

Mike - you must remember Donald "Cisco" Ross, who scored a Rams' record 55 points in a loss at Old Dominion on February 14, '68.

I can get you in touch with Cisco, who might have what you're looking for.

Also, I may be able to hook you up with Rams' all-time scorer Len Creech ("The Creechure" has suffered a stroke and can't talk, but he has his wits about him, drives a car, and communicates in his own way.

Don't know if this applies to you, Mike, but at least several VCU varsity players from 68-69 (possibly 67-68) played IM ball the next year ... might have gone under name "German Club." Budd and Logan are two that come to mind.

Mike - you must remember Donald "Cisco" Ross, who scored a Rams' record 55 points in a loss at Old Dominion on February 14, '68.

Also, I may be able to hook you up with Rams' all-time scorer Len Creech ("The Creechure" has suffered a stroke and can't talk, but he has his wits about him, drives a car, and communicates in his own way.

Don't know if this applies to you, Mike, but at least several VCU varsity players from 68-69 (possibly 67-68) played IM ball the next year ... might have gone under name "German Club." Budd and Logan are two that come to mind.

Haha, one year we beat the German Club with 4 player freezing the ball. VCU manager Ed Swink had almost all our pts in a 19-18 drubbing!

The German Club went on to found Theta Delta Chi and those basketball connections became part of the culture of the fraternity and remain so to this day.

Mike Meehan, this one is for you my friend.
giphy.gif
Cossak, Thanks for my 'shot'. I'm guessing that would be some good bourbon from Kentucky. Funny you should mention the German Club. I actually pledged for them and subsequently several of us decided to start Epsilon Pi Sigma which went national later on. Would like to know where Don Ross is these days. He and I sat out the first part of the '68 season due to us transferring to RPI. Don was a pure shooter, way before his time. BTW, both Dennis Logan and Keith Lawson who also played on that team are no longer with us. Both great teammates. Thanks for your input. ..... Regards, Mike

Is this what you are looking for? (Rammed gave this to me last year when he so graciously gave me a ticket and a parking pass for a game last year)

Attachments

• 1968VCURams.pdf
    145.3 KB · Views: 26
  • VCU1968Rams.PNG
    VCU1968Rams.PNG
    371 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Back