Recruiting 2022 Transfer Portal

Mo was 260 and I’d argue could jump out of the gym. Tillman is 230 and can jump out of the gym. Neither were top 150 recruits. Not sure 240 means you can’t jump out of the gym.
I don't think it does either, but 240 and jumping out of the gym usually draws quite a bit of interest.

giphy.gif

Bright future as a priest. However, I bet his girlfriend makes him quit that some day and he winds up working some unfulfilling job in HR at a failing mid-sized company.
Why are you the way that you are? Honestly, every time I try to do something fun or exciting, you make it not that way. I hate so much about the things that you choose to be.

Mo was 260 and I’d argue could jump out of the gym. Tillman is 230 and can jump out of the gym. Neither were top 150 recruits. Not sure 240 means you can’t jump out of the gym.
Um Tilman was not 240 when he came to VCU, but he was a top 150 recruit (actually top 100), but generally agree you don't have to be skinny to jump out of the gym.

He is closr to 140 than 240, but really can get up into the clouds. Based on our style of play on both ends we have seen more success in developing an athlete verses developing a big, tall guy to be a contributor. My take is if you gamble then gamble based on success. There a bunch of didn't work out and the eltite athletes that didn't work out that came in raw often had another negative factor such as didn't learn offensive or defensive schemes, didn't want to work hard to develop and earn minutes, or some other factor. Larry is an example of a raw player with elite athleticism that also had elite reach but also worked to improve his skills. We needed to add a mix for next year's roster and likely weren't in the running for the athlete that had great skils and size for the last spot. I like taking the chance on the flyer.

Regarless of whom this person is...the word "raw" bothers me... there are bunch of guys are out there with well rounded skill sets even in the class of '23.

Why do we continue to recruit projects??

No more hason wards or neal wakes etc...

Being able to jump out of the gym is secondary to post moves, the ability to pass out of a double team with good court vision, hitting free throws when fouled

Offensive efficiency > athleticism with turnovers.

Regarless of whom this person is...the word "raw" bothers me... there are bunch of guys are out there with well rounded skill sets even in the class of '23.

Why do we continue to recruit projects??

No more hason wards or neal wakes etc...

Being able to jump out of the gym is secondary to post moves, the ability to pass out of a double team with good court vision, hitting free throws when fouled

Offensive efficiency > athleticism with turnovers.
It's about upside and downside and also who we can get. Sometimes people think we chose one player over another and the truth is the other player was not an option when we tried to pursue. A non project big is the hardest to sign because you are going against the Blue Bloods for that.

Back