Recruiting 2022 Transfer Portal

Not a transfer guy. It's been announced. I am sure it will be on RN momentarily.

IDK if it's the guy, but some of the staff is following a player who is Class of '22 and 6'8. His name could also be misheard as close to "Tobi", as mentioned earlier in this thread.
Yup, Toibu Lawal has committed. I can see how someone heard his name and thought "Toby/Tobi" initially.

You do realize that VCU will have plenty of spots for 2023 right? Who do you think they’re gonna sign w the 13th spot? Serious question
You completely misread what i said..."there are bunch of guys are out there with well rounded skill sets even in the class of '23."

Meaning you can find skilled players even from transfers back to the class of '23...all classes...

No excuse for projects any more up front...

Maybe raw should not have been used.. he is not a project.
Did you only look at the highlights or did you take the time to watch multiple Lee Academy games? I can send you clips of me dunking with ease and even of me shooting back to back threes over Calvin Duncan but i would in no world consider myself an elite D1 player. Right now, compared to relative players he has work to do in my opinion. At the same time, I believe he has the tools to be very good. I just don’t expect that to translate this November or December which is why I said what I said about the other bigs hold it down. Once again two things can be true.

The dude has only been playing basketball for 4 years and only competitive ball in this country for less than a year. His ceiling is the roof, and if it doesn't work out, he will find a more appropriate level down the road. For the 13th spot on the roster? I'm ecstatic

Back