2023-24 NET rankings and metrics thread

VCU player and VA AG showing up with 6 other AGs against the NCAA, I don't think VCU will be getting any love from the NCAA over the next few years as it applies to at-large consideration.
Just of note, Ramnation correct me if I'm wrong here, but as far as I know Joe and the va AG isn't/wasn't a prosecution part of what is/was going on in WVa. His court case is a separate one, he was called in to testify as a good embodiment of the unfair NCAA appeals practices but was thanked and told by the 7 states' AGs' lawyers and the judge last minute that his testimony that day, wasn't necessary.

Just of note, Ramnation correct me if I'm wrong here, but as far as I know Joe and the va AG isn't/wasn't a prosecution part of what is/was going on in WVa. His court case is a separate one, he was called in to testify as a good embodiment of the unfair NCAA appeals practices but was thanked and told by the 7 states' AGs' lawyers and the judge last minute that his testimony that day, wasn't necessary.
Correct. Virginia was not part of this lawsuit.

AFAIK, neither VCU nor the Virginia AG have filed suit as of yet.

A10 is gonna have some opportunities this year. Thank God. Hopefully we don't beat up on each other too much to hurt each other. Our losses have proven to be better than we thought. As of now we only have 1 Q4 loss and 0 Q3 losses, so if we can really roll in conference we will actually be in a really good place.

We jumped maybe 8 spots on Torvik too yesterday. So the metrics definitely saw it as a dominant victory.

I think all things considered we are in about as good a position we could have hoped for following a total roster/coach rebuild. We are trending up, getting some real game changing players back, and some of our guys got a trial by fire they wouldn't have gotten otherwise. Our team definitely proved against ISU and Memphis we can still hang with anybody. Now we got to keep getting better and tear the A10 up like we normally do. I will say the team attitude and energy seems much better rn, and much better than MR teams of the past few seasons. I think the finished product could be amazing this year, but time will tell.

On this date in 2022 our NET ranking was 145.

We are currently 96. About 50 spots higher than last year, with an A10 that is significantly stronger. Many opportunities abound.

So despite all the hyperbole of how far the program has fallen and how NSU was the worst loss in D1 basketball history(we had a worse loss last year) and how Mcneese is actually a D2 women's softball team(best 3pt % in D1), per usual the metrics actually show that this team is not just ahead of last year's team, but considerably ahead.

We are currently 96. About 50 spots higher than last year, with an A10 that is significantly stronger. Many opportunities abound.

So despite all the hyperbole of how far the program has fallen and how NSU was the worst loss in D1 basketball history(we had a worse loss last year) and how Mcneese is actually a D2 women's softball team(best 3pt % in D1), per usual the metrics actually show that this team is not just ahead of last year's team, but considerably ahead.
It's also worth noting that the A10 now has two teams in the top 50 of the NET, which has not happened since Selection Sunday 2021 (when the A10 had three teams in the top 50).

It's also worth noting that the A10 now has two teams in the top 50 of the NET, which has not happened since Selection Sunday 2021 (when the A10 had three teams in the top 50).
Which means there are Q1 opportunities in A10 road games. Right now 5 teams top 75, so they are Q1 road wins. Not sure how many of those we are playing on the road.

Which means there are Q1 opportunities in A10 road games. Right now 5 teams top 75, so they are Q1 road wins. Not sure how many of those we are playing on the road.
As of right now we have three:

- at George Mason (72)
- at St. Bonaventure (73)
- at Dayton (30)

Dayton is also currently a Q1 home game, and St. Joe's (currently 49) has a real chance of becoming a Q1 road game since they only need to pick up 14 spots.

As of right now we have three:

- at George Mason (72)
- at St. Bonaventure (73)
- at Dayton (30)

Dayton is also currently a Q1 home game, and St. Joe's (currently 49) has a real chance of becoming a Q1 road game since they only need to pick up 14 spots.
The trouble with projecting our is if those schools stay at the cusp, us beating them may push them to the other side.

spinal.jpeg

The trouble with projecting our is if those schools stay at the cusp, us beating them may push them to the other side.
Yeah, that's going to be a problem. We need the Bonnies and the GooMoos to get themselves more securely in Q1 territory before they start playing other teams in the top 75. Thankfully they don't play each other until January 20th.

Dayton moved up 7 spots from #30 to #23 in the NET, which is the highest any A10 team has been in the NET since Saint Louis peaked at #10 in the NET on January 4, 2021 (and ultimately ended up missing the NCAA tournament, because their NET was inflated due to a bunch of games being canceled due to COVID).

9 of 15 A10 teams are in the top 100 of the NET after Davidson moved up from 101 to 99; this is the most teams the A10 has ever had in the top 100 of the NET.

Dayton moved up 7 spots from #30 to #23 in the NET, which is the highest any A10 team has been in the NET since Saint Louis peaked at #10 in the NET on January 4, 2021 (and ultimately ended up missing the NCAA tournament, because their NET was inflated due to a bunch of games being canceled due to COVID).

9 of 15 A10 teams are in the top 100 of the NET after Davidson moved up from 101 to 99; this is the most teams the A10 has ever had in the top 100 of the NET.
Yeah as I posted earlier. It seems most everyone did their part this year except us. Injuries I know. However, had we taken 2 of 3 in Fl and beaten a beatable Memphis. Plus not lost to NSU we’d have done ours. McNesse state or someone always seems to trip us up we could have lived with that one.

In any event, let’s just close out strong with 2 more wins and then begin a run in conference play.

Back