2023-24 NET rankings and metrics thread

At this point this late in the season moves will be slow and incremental. Teams will lose all week and we will slowly creep up to like 72 or so. We beat SLU, more teams lose next week, and next thing you know we're are in the 60s.

If we stay consistent and take care of business, we could theoretically be a sub 50 NET by end of reg season.

If we win out and take care of fuR and Dayton x2. I think we would get an at large at that point.

That said, still a tough road ahead. Teams like SJU, UMass, and Duquesne are typical spoilers and traps, and Fur and Dayton will be chomping at the bit for revenge.

Up 4 for beating the 18th ranked team? This system is stupid af
Yea, when you look at the publicly released mechanisms/rubrics of how NET is calculated.....
tenor.gif

nevermind.....

At this point this late in the season moves will be slow and incremental. Teams will lose all week and we will slowly creep up to like 72 or so. We beat SLU, more teams lose next week, and next thing you know we're are in the 60s.

If we stay consistent and take care of business, we could theoretically be a sub 50 NET by end of reg season.

If we win out and take care of fuR and Dayton x2. I think we would get an at large at that point.

That said, still a tough road ahead. Teams like SJU, UMass, and Duquesne are typical spoilers and traps, and Fur and Dayton will be chomping at the bit for revenge.
7 straight

Off topic a bit, but there were only THREE D-1 games played yesterday, and we were one of them. That's got to be pretty good exposure for VCU, Dayton, and the league.
Yeah, plus we may yet move some more as more games are played today. I think the fact there were only three games yesterday also played into us only moving up four spots.

Beat Fordham by 15 and shot lights out. Efficiency seems to be the name of the game in the NET.
And that's why we only moved up 4 spots...something tells me the NET formula puts more weight on offensive efficiency than defensive efficiency. Our Torvik AdjDE for the Dayton game was 69.2 (which is extremely good), but our AdjOE was 87.0 (which is really poor) - our lowest in a win all season and our lowest period since that horrific Vanderbilt game.

Back