Players 2023-24 Roster Thread

If you check out the transfer portal thread in the recruiting subforum, we've reached out to a number of guards, including La Salle's Jhamir Brickus (who is a friend of Bones and part of his Tressi Gang). tTyrone Nelson might be concerned that we're recruiting over Jaynel...and it's honestly a valid concern considering that his performance this season is a step down from last season, especially in the last 10 or so games.
Not thrilled if we are bringing in Tressi gang players. Liked Brickus before I heard that.

Based on observations of Bones, Ace and Jamir, there are a lot of character and maturity issues in that group.

The group that Odom had, both the holdovers and players that he brought in, don't seem to have those issues. He has raised the bar in terms of the quality of kids. Now he needs to see if he can match or do the same with the talent level.

Not thrilled if we are bringing in Tressi gang players. Liked Brickus before I heard that.

Based on observations of Bones, Ace and Jamir, there are a lot of character and maturity issues in that group.

The group that Odom had, both the holdovers and players that he brought in, don't seem to have those issues. He has raised the bar in terms of the quality of kids. Now he needs to see if he can match or do the same with the talent level.
I think I know what you’re saying, but Bones, Ace, and Jamir would be the best three players on this team so…

Maturity perhaps, but not character. Without those 3 we don't have our past 2 NCAA tournament trips.

I’ll take this bet everyday. I am not sold on Fermin. Very well documented by me…like the kid just don’t think he is gonna be our guy.
Wow betting against a ram players’ success. Not cool. If the kid is on the roster we all should hoping that he improves and not betting on his failure.

Btw, he had one of the better games last night. 8,9, 1,1 with 5 offensive rebounds. He also solid performance in the previous game. That’s two in a row. The final two. Bodes well for his future.

Last edited:
Wow betting against a ram players success. Not cool. If the kid is on the roster we all should hoping that he improves and not betting on his failure.

Btw, he had one of the better games last night. 8,9, 1,1 with 5 offensive rebounds.
If you don't think we need to improve at that position...not sure what you are watching

Bones Ace and Mir were/are all DOGS on the court. We need a dog or two on this roster. If Brickus has that same mentality as them…to go long with a great 3pt shot? Sign me up

If you don't think we need to improve at that position...not sure what you are watching
I love it when someone misspeaks and then tries to turn it around by stating things the other person never said/stated.

Look never stated we dont need some help inside. What I stated is I believe Fermin will get better and that he had a ok game relative to his matchups and the other members of the team.

Again, if this kid gives us 8 points, 9 rebounds, 1 assist, and 1 block and a presence inside we will be good. The key for him is catching the ball, hitting boards and finishing at the rim.

Yes, I think he will improve and I wont bet against him. Which is what you did.

Dont try to change the narrative now.

Go Rams!

Mir is the best player on Florida state, Ace is the Penn state team captain and Big Ten Dpoy, AJ Hoggard is the starting 2 on Izzo Michigan State Team, Bones is a 3rd year NBA player...Brickus is a 4 year 1000 pt scorer at Lasalle and the team captain...It's been 5 years since all these guys entered college...maturity will not be an issue now.

Last edited:
I think I know what you’re saying, but Bones, Ace, and Jamir would be the best three players on this team so…
Agreed about these guys being extremely talented. We should always prioritize talent as an attribute in a recruit or player. I’m sure Odom sees it this way too, but my sense is that he’s going to place a little more value on character and intangibles.

Also, I'm not saying that Rhoades recruited a bunch of knuckleheads. He had his standards too.

Mir is the best player on Florida state, Ace is the Penn state team captain and Big Ten Dpoy, AJ Hoggard is the starting 2 on Izzo Michigan State Team, Bones is a 3rd year NBA player...Brickus is a 4 year 1000 pt scorer at Lasalle and the team captain...It's been 5 years since all these guys entered college...maturity will not be an issue now.
Yes it is

I've always said, there are several reason that I WOUND NOT be a Div 1 coach. Reason 63, I would not want my success to depend on a group of 18-23 yo kids.

Ace is the Penn state team captain
k.jpg

:?:

Anybody got any more of that blue cheese?

2-Vaynblat-Skrzat-salad-1047554115.jpg

Back