Players 2023-24 Roster Thread

It's surprising that McAllister is still available. You would think some low major would jump at the chance to roll the dice on him unless he's trying to land at a higher level program and isn't finding any takers.
Are we sure he definitely plans to continue playing after all of the injuries?

Wondering if Coach Odom is holding a spot for a big splash type player. A guy with P6 aspirations but is telling our staff if, by a certain date, I don’t hear from (insert P6 schools here) I’d love to come to VCU.

Guys like
Can Spencer
Adrame Diongue
Ian Martinez
Julian Phillips
Isaiah Miranda
Pablo Dziuba
Allen Flanigan
and even
Tyler Burton

While I thought he'd get picked up, I'm not terribly surprised. One knee injuries can derail a career. Multiple knee injuries can ruin one. His speed and lateral movement probably suffered dramatically.
Yeah, but what would (for example) a MEAC-level school have to lose taking a chance on him? And if he's that comprised physically he should probably think about just letting it go. However, with today's medical technology who knows?

Yeah, but what would (for example) a MEAC-level school have to lose taking a chance on him? And if he's that comprised physically he should probably think about just letting it go. However, with today's medical technology who knows?

Still plenty guys available. His path will be clearer once the guys ahead of him announce their decisions.

I have no idea. You'd think if he's anywhere near the player he was as a freshman at VCU, he'd have a chance to be picked up by a very low level MEAC or Patriot League team or something like that. BUT, there's a lot of competition in the portal and a lot of kids who never leave the portal as a result. Also, teams want to know about your physical condition. Maybe he's not really in a condition to play but he's fooling himself? Who can say?

Jarred is in a precarious position.
  • He hasn’t played competitive basketball in2.5 years
  • I think he just posted this week something about finishing rehab or something so that being the case, he can actually “workout” for teams
  • There are 100’s of kids still available from the portal that actually played last year and have recent tape(I’ll look to see how many after the NBA withdrawals)
  • If he stays at VCU then I question how much he wants to play. JMac entered the portal before the staff change to get playing time. It’s hard to see how JMac who hasn’t played in 2.5 years would beat out anyone on the roster for playing time

Back