Players 2023-24 Roster Thread

Couldn’t Brower create his shot? From little video I’ve seen of Patrick it appears he’s more of a catch/shoot type player, with quick release and long range. Even though I know little about Patrick’s D, ball handling or ability to create his own shot the fact he has a strong skill from long range is exciting because he’ll be a freshmen. Depending on how long he stays he could become special. Wouldn’t it have been nice if Shriver had another year or two remaining.
You described Brower. He was a catch and shoot guard.

6/2/23

When the dust settles, the player carousel (swaps; primarily as it relates to size) is essentially/effectively:

1. Baldwin - Nelson
2. Nunn - Bamisile
3. Kern - Bairstow
4. Watkins - Belle
5. Deloach - Wheeler
6. Johns - Kuany
7. Shriver - Patrick
8. Banks - Shulga
9. McAllister - TBD
----------------------------
10. Jackson - Jackson
11. Billups - Billups
12. Fermin - Fermin
13. Lawal - Lawal
No disrespect to any player on either side of this list, but this is just how I see it.

1. Baldwin - Nelson (Downgrade)
2. Nunn - Bamisile (Upgrade/ up in the air)
3. Kern - Bairstow (Upgrade)
4. Watkins - Belle (Up in the air)
5. Deloach - Wheeler (Downgrade/ up in the air)
6. Johns - Kuany (Downgrade)
7. Shriver - Patrick (Up in the air/ leaning downgrade for year 1)
8. Banks - Shulga (Upgrade)
9. McAllister - TBD
10. Jackson - Jackson
11. Billups - Billups
12. Fermin - Fermin
13. Lawal - Lawal

Upgrades- 3
Downgrades- 3.5
Returning players- all improve

Couldn’t Brower create his shot? From little video I’ve seen of Patrick it appears he’s more of a catch/shoot type player, with quick release and long range. Even though I know little about Patrick’s D, ball handling or ability to create his own shot the fact he has a strong skill from long range is exciting because he’ll be a freshmen. Depending on how long he stays he could become special. Wouldn’t it have been nice if Shriver had another year or two remaining.

I wuz' jus' kiddin' .... but some lines you don't cross in comparisons .... I once compared the great John Stockton to the great Chris Paul and the guy I was talking to had a stroke, heart attack and fit of epilepsy all at the same time. his reaction might have been fatal if I'd dared to compare Kevin Love with James Worthy.

RE threes, please .... if there was ever to be a 3-point contest (against no defense) of all-time Rams, my guess is that it would come down to Brower and Troy Daniels.

No disrespect to any player on either side of this list, but this is just how I see it.

1. Baldwin - Nelson (Downgrade)
2. Nunn - Bamisile (Upgrade/ up in the air)
3. Kern - Bairstow (Upgrade)
4. Watkins - Belle (Up in the air)
5. Deloach - Wheeler (Downgrade/ up in the air)
6. Johns - Kuany (Downgrade)
7. Shriver - Patrick (Up in the air/ leaning downgrade for year 1)
8. Banks - Shulga (Upgrade)
9. McAllister - TBD
10. Jackson - Jackson
11. Billups - Billups
12. Fermin - Fermin
13. Lawal - Lawal

Upgrades- 3
Downgrades- 3.5
Returning players- all improve

Make no mistake about it. Max will be the PG from day 1.

Make no mistake about it. Max will be the PG from day 1.
There is no doubt for me. The greatest factor being familiarity with the system.
idk i think nelson is very capable, baldwin is just a lot to live up to
Nelson will get his fair share of minutes. There will be a drop off in his distribution compared to Ace, but ass long as he has scorers around him, he'll only have to RUN the offense instead of BE the offense like he felt at FuR.

IMHO, Nelson's PT will depend on the opponent. Being a different type of player than Max, RO can matchup offensively or defensively with the opposing back courts. He can match up with shooters over zones, speed against slower reacting defenses, height vs smaller or physical against thinner. We have enough interchangeable parts to create mismatches.

Zeb and Max will share time at the two... or be PG/SG switch while together. Basically, find the mismatch.

Nelson, Zeb and Max are each different, providing change of pace and guys like Bairstow, Belle and Kuany provide in and out matchups that are difficult to defend... making a guy like Nelson more dangerous.

I wuz' jus' kiddin' .... but some lines you don't cross in comparisons .... I once compared the great John Stockton to the great Chris Paul and the guy I was talking to had a stroke, heart attack and fit of epilepsy all at the same time. his reaction might have been fatal if I'd dared to compare Kevin Love with James Worthy.

RE threes, please .... if there was ever to be a 3-point contest (against no defense) of all-time Rams, my guess is that it would come down to Brower and Troy Daniels.
Bones?

Back