Players 2023-24 Roster Thread

I just don't get it dude, but I have my thoughts which I will keep to myself. Just sucks man. If I am not mistaken, can't he redshirt if he doesn't play a certain amount?

Yea, same here....and I agree, not ALL of our thoughts need to be part of VCURN's natural discourse. I just hope the few guys not getting PT are doin' what they should be doin on and off the court and are finding enjoyment and camaraderie in this season's journey. You never know when things will change and your number get's called.

Also, LOVE the new avvy!!!

Of course they will at home. Holmes will get every star protection call and Grant will be on the refs 3 mins in. We’ll get mauled atleast a few times with no calls. That happened last night on our own court. They’ll be calling Lawal for fouls next game for even looking at Holmes.
Facts! Which will be BS like the no call on Sean near the end of the game when the dude legit sat on his f'in shoulders....but I also noticed we hacked them too and didn't get called, but at least we were swiping at the ball. I am happy tho that they let them play last night, for the most part at least.

Yea, same here....and I agree, not ALL of our thoughts need to be part of VCURN's natural discourse. I just hope the few guys not getting PT are doin' what they should be doin on and off the court and are finding enjoyment and camaraderie in this season's journey. You never know when things will change and your number get's called.

Also, LOVE the new avvy!!!
Hahaha, thanks dude. I am going to forever post that GIF after every W....if I am able to that is. I wish there wasn't someone blocking his younger bro, he was into it too.

It seems wildly implausible that a 6'11 250 20 year old man WITH P5 D1 experience can't help this A10 team....gotta be somethin goin on that we're not privy to.
In one of the recent press conferences, Odom mentioned that the time to put in the work (if you want to play) is during the summer. Seemed to indicate that he's not ready and it's too late to get up to speed now.

In one of the recent press conferences, Odom mentioned that the time to put in the work (if you want to play) is during the summer. Seemed to indicate that he's not ready and it's too late to get up to speed now.
I think him and Fatts thought, "yo, we run the 804, we got this....," not realizing that it doesn't matter where you are from, you get run when you put in the work.

They did. Check how many fouls Tobi and Big Ferm had in the 1st vs 2nd half. I didn't say they figured it out in time, but I will bet you they attack those 2 way more off the bat the next game. Holmes will take it from the top and drive in more, and they will def feed him more next game and at least 1 will foul out, both will be in trouble tho much earlier in the game.

I tend to be a little pessimistic in big games given our history post FF...but I can see them winning at home by a margin of 7-12 pts.
Holmes still doesn't drive the ball that well. He dribbles to where he can back you down and has this awkward in between stage. We turned him over twice doing that with blind side doubles. That's s small flaw in his otherwise solid game, but can be exploited.
If we can get the same fouls called on him that he gets, he'll be in foul trouble too, but I know, they don't call his fouls quite as readily as they do on Ferm and Tobi and certainly wont in Dayton.
I personally don't feel too uncomfortable with Belle taking on for 8 to 10 possessions a game. Though smaller, Belle is more than strong enough and athletic enough to play him solid. I'm actually more concerned with concentrating too much on Holmes and Santos and Brea going off from three.

Holmes still doesn't drive the ball that well. He dribbles to where he can back you down and has this awkward in between stage. We turned him over twice doing that with blind side doubles. That's s small flaw in his otherwise solid game, but can be exploited.
If we can get the same fouls called on him that he gets, he'll be in foul trouble too, but I know, they don't call his fouls quite as readily as they do on Ferm and Tobi and certainly wont in Dayton.
I personally don't feel too uncomfortable with Belle taking on for 8 to 10 possessions a game. Though smaller, Belle is more than strong enough and athletic enough to play him solid. I'm actually more concerned with concentrating too much on Holmes and Santos and Brea going off from three.
It will be a close game, that's for sure.

It will be a close game, that's for sure.
Yeah, I like our chances though. At this point in the season, because of our roster changes, coaching change etc. I expect us to keep getting better, right up to the A10 tourney. Dayton isn't in a position where they are improving as much. So, I think we will be improved more by then than they will. We'll see. They will be very motivated.

I am an irrational to the point of verging on unhinged amount of comfortable with our freshman wing being called on to guard a likely POY possible All-American center.

I just don't get it dude, but I have my thoughts which I will keep to myself. Just sucks man. If I am not mistaken, can't he redshirt if he doesn't play a certain amount?
Would Odom want to waste a scholarship on him? I don’t know. Getting no playing time as a junior, how much better could he become as a senior? I don’t see a reason to redshirt him.

Would Odom want to waste a scholarship on him? I don’t know. Getting no playing time as a junior, how much better could he become as a senior? I don’t see a reason to redshirt him.
To late to redshirt.

A lot can happen over a summer. You would be surprised.

Yes but a lot can happen between now and Summer too. And before Summer gets here.... there's a thing called the transfer portal.

And whether that's players going into the portal, or it's Odom looking to fill roster spots or "upgrade" spots....

If there's any players that are questionable to return.... whether that be from the players stand point (they're unhappy with their playing time or role on the team)...

OR

From a coaches stand point (they're un happy with a players performance in practice or games)...

Now is the time to change that... not waiting til the Summer..... Because they may not make it to the Summer.

Pretty sure the coaches meet with the players at the end of the year and make the "coaches decision"

Back