Players 2023-24 Roster Thread

Would Odom want to waste a scholarship on him? I don’t know. Getting no playing time as a junior, how much better could he become as a senior? I don’t see a reason to redshirt him.
He has already played so a redshirt is not a possibility, but if it was that could give him an extra year of eligibility to use if he wanted to. That is always a good thing because it is just an option. No downside to that. It wouldn't necessarily mean that he would use it here.

He's not on the roster yet, but Brandon Jennings will be playing, along with his father and numerous St .Chris teammates, in a men's league at American Family Fitness/Swift Creek stating about March 10 ... that could be interesting and up front and personal. The gym manager is Lonnie Lewis, former Henrico High and Longwood standout .... Lonnie ranks with Longwood's all-time leaders.

Thinking about our roster make up and feeling really good about where we are right now. We’ve grown and developed leaps and bounds from the OCC.

However, seeing the stats from the Wake/Virginia game I couldn’t help but think about the possibilities had we landed Efton Reid. OMG…THAT would have been UNstoppabe!

Thinking about our roster make up and feeling really good about where we are right now. We’ve grown and developed leaps and bounds from the OCC.

However, seeing the stats from the Wake/Virginia game I couldn’t help but think about the possibilities had we landed Efton Reid. OMG…THAT would have been UNstoppabe!
Reid and Tyler Nickel and were top 15.

Reid was the one player that would have changed the game for us this season. He probably would have put up Daron Holmes type numbers in the A10. Crazy to think how good this team would have been with him.

Of the 804 boys, we got Fats buried on the bench, Rose below the bench, Nelson an up and down role player, and Bam who has been a solid scorer.

Reid was the one player that would have changed the game for us this season. He probably would have put up Daron Holmes type numbers in the A10. Crazy to think how good this team would have been with him.

Of the 804 boys, we got Fats buried on the bench, Rose below the bench, Nelson an up and down role player, and Bam who has been a solid scorer.
Fats, a freshman. Rose, who knows. Nelson has been pretty solid most of the time, and a few games we wouldn't have won without his contributions. Bam is Bam, there are also a few games we don't win without him. I'm not complaining about the 804 guys.

Just my two cents but I think we have done extremely well given the circumstances of the off season. Just the progression from where we started in conference play to where we are now, required hard work and buy in from everyone - players, coaches and staff. I am really optimistic given the ability to adapt, especially on defense. The fact that we could change like this makes me very optimistic about the future.

I think we all need to get used to what maybe the new normal with rapidly changing rosters each year.

I believe we need to focus on the present and be thankful that Odom assembled and coached up a top 4 A10 team this go around (might be top 1 or 2 if things continue on the glide path they are on now)

I am learning not to worry or focus on how good we might be next year because who knows if somone like Max (just as an example) finds a 6 figure NIL deal for a top team in the SEC or Big 12 that is looking for a role player to fill a gap.

the one thing I am pretty sure is somethings will happen in the off season that we didn't see coming both good and bad

but for the time being let us all enjoy the ride and support this 23-24 edition of our RAMS

Back