Players 2023-24 Roster Thread

Really enjoyed his comments and am hoping he gets lots more playing time. Seemed like he’s got his head/heart in the right place! A guy his size can really help if we start getting bullied in the post.
Very pleasant young man, sounded shy and not comfortable with the spotlight.

Gonna ask again for an online post of this so I can listen, Kat's asking about it too... anybody have a link (please)?
Also wanna say, that identity is everything to so many, I'm sure I'm not the only one. This is the exact thing I told so many incoming hoopers here, face to face, over so many years of being able to meet them on their visits here. Honestly, before they ever signed on the dotted line, that "defense is a right of passage here, it's our culture", that future NBA players knew what was expected of them having been a Ram, that defense came first, it's a religion here, that you won't see the court unless you can defend. It's one big glory glory hallelujah seeing this printed, hope to hear it with our own ears.

Kuany Kuany has won more games with us so far this year than he did the last 2 full seasons combined at Cal. Depending on how we do down the stretch we may equal how many games he won in his last three seasons at Cal combined.

He's not on the roster yet, but Brandon Jennings will be playing, along with his father and numerous St .Chris teammates, in a men's league at American Family Fitness/Swift Creek stating about March 10 ... that could be interesting and up front and personal. The gym manager is Lonnie Lewis, former Henrico High and Longwood standout .... Lonnie ranks with Longwood's all-time leaders.
Lonnie is the nicest guy ever a former Fire Chief in Chesterfield. This has got to be a retirement job. He was originally from Goochland and his family moved Into the area.

Lonnie could shoot it.

Honestly we need a bit of a major revamp especially if certain players choose to not to come back. Not sure if we can do that in one offseason tbh.

Honestly we need a bit of a major revamp especially if certain players choose to not to come back. Not sure if we can do that in one offseason tbh.
Considering how we've done so far with the few returning players we had (we've overachieved compared to most projections) and a roster that Odom didn't have a full offseason to assemble, I think having those few extra weeks of recruiting and practice will make a big difference.

Anything is possible in the portal era. USF(South Florida) who hasn't been over .500 in 5 years has a new coach and over 10 new players and they are ranked in the top 25 and having the best season in school history. Utah State has a new coach and 10 new players and is also ranked in the top 25. Now next year will be the last year of the super senior but the portal lives on.

Now next year will be the last year of the super senior but the portal lives on.
There have been rumblings that the NCAA may make it permanent. Next offseason would be the time to do that if they choose to.

Considering how we've done so far with the few returning players we had (we've overachieved compared to most projections) and a roster that Odom didn't have a full offseason to assemble, I think having those few extra weeks of recruiting and practice will make a big difference.
Over achieved? Even with the turnover, we were supposed to finish 2nd in the A10. That’s not going to happen.

I dont think we can say we overachieved. We lost to NSU.

There have been rumblings that the NCAA may make it permanent. Next offseason would be the time to do that if they choose to.
yeah I have heard that sporadically as well. Time will tell I guess

Anything is possible in the portal era. USF(South Florida) who hasn't been over .500 in 5 years has a new coach and over 10 new players and they are ranked in the top 25 and having the best season in school history. Utah State has a new coach and 10 new players and is also ranked in the top 25. Now next year will be the last year of the super senior but the portal lives on.
Absolutely possible but we really need to have transfers contributing greatly to have the results those schools have. Not to say ones haven’t but some transfers are not panning out or performing as we hoped. The likelihood of really nailing it in the portal is probably slim. Maybe we killed it in the portal and every transfer is a gem but more than likely we’ll get a few contributors and some that won’t play to expectations. I would Odom to bring in a bunch of ringers this offseason. I’m just not sure that’s realistic.

Over achieved? Even with the turnover, we were supposed to finish 2nd in the A10. That’s not going to happen.

I dont think we can say we overachieved. We lost to NSU.
Definitely didn’t overachieve but we probably performed where one would realistically expect after losing your top 7 scorers and a whole staff. If we finish top 4 that’s honestly ok. A10 preseason projections are fools good (Look at where certain teams are versus the projections.) . I mean the A10 is better this year. If we fall out of the top 4 and don’t make any kind of A10 run that would be disappointing. Still it is year 1.

Absolutely possible but we really need to have transfers contributing greatly to have the results those schools have. Not to say ones haven’t but some transfers are not panning out or performing as we hoped. The likelihood of really nailing it in the portal is probably slim. Maybe we killed it in the portal and every transfer is a gem but more than likely we’ll get a few contributors and some that won’t play to expectations. I would Odom to bring in a bunch of ringers this offseason. I’m just not sure that’s realistic.
Absolutely agree that every player from the portal wont be a gem realistically. Injuries also play a factor. I would say that he two things the coach planned on that didn't pan out was SB being a floor general from day one and having aa scorer in JP. Now we can debate open schollys all day long but the staff made the decision they made. I suspect next years team will give us a clear picture of the staffs philosophy and approach. We have one Richmond Freshman coming in and I'd be surprised if we don't bring in at least one if not wo international players. Everything in my fiber leads me to believe that the international experience is key to what RO wants to do long term

Back