Players 2023-24 Roster Thread

With Bacot it felt like there was a glimmer of hope, with all of the VCU games he attended. That would've been a wild ride.
Gotcha. I did sit next to him at one game but I never felt he was coming. Heck, I did not feel like Reid was coming either until the other day. I should have known better. Seems wishy washy or something.

Gotcha. I did sit next to him at one game but I never felt he was coming. Heck, I did not feel like Reid was coming either until the other day. I should have known better. Seems wishy washy or something.
Don't burn any bridges. He may be back next year.

Looks like Reid is taking the money. Wake it seems is shelling out a ton of dough to buy their teams. Apparently they spent a ton last year and look where that got them. I’m pretty bummed. I really wanted Reid.

If crystal ball is accurate (IF) what does that say about sitting a year and waiver? It’s really hard for me to believe he’d increase his risk of sitting to go to WF vs decreasing his risk of sitting by coming to VCU. I don’t follow NCAA nuances like many of you but if he goes WF I read into that this waiver stuff is baked in and these transfer rules are toothless.

With Bacot it felt like there was a glimmer of hope, with all of the VCU games he attended. That would've been a wild ride.
I'm with AA on this one. I never felt that kid was coming, regardless of his attendance at games.

Looks like Reid is taking the money. Wake it seems is shelling out a ton of dough to buy their teams. Apparently they spent a ton last year and look where that got them. I’m pretty bummed. I really wanted Reid.
Its not just Wake. Teams are doing what they can. Always have. Players have always taken the money, even some of the guys who have played here for the Black and Gold (eh Yellow).

I always say, the kid is best where he wants to play. This is his 3rd bit at the apple, he should have a pretty good idea of what he wants, what to expect, and the consequences of both.

As stated, a few weeks back, he was never a Ram and if he chooses not to be good for him, I am not losing any sleep over what might have been.

If he don’t want to be here then oh well. Dude is obviously indecisive. Happened his previous recruitment. Flip flopping, delays, etc. I guess enjoy the bench if he goes there. It’s no way a given he’s playing big mins.

At the time when Bacot’s recruitment was going on, our season tickets were right behind a block of seats that were frequently used by VIPs and recruits. He used those tickets a LOT. It’s the only reason I thought we might have a chance. It turns out he was just using the tickets because he could.

Back