Players 2023-24 Roster Thread

I am in that same camp. You could also say the guy that went to VT instead was also a miss. What’s that Reservoir Dogs saying? Something about “not sucking each others…”
What VT guy? Nickel? All I can say about any of this is what I started getting once Odom was hired. Right off the bat I was told when I mentioned Ashworth was...he is not in play. Coach is looking at Bairstow and Shulga. Never got that he was trying to get him. Maybe y'all know more than me but Ashworth and Nickel were not names mentioned as active recruits to fill the spots. Count them as misses but the guys I heard were being recruited became part of the team except for Reid.

What VT guy? Nickel? All I can say about any of this is what I started getting once Odom was hired. Right off the bat I was told when I mentioned Ashworth was...he is not in play. Coach is looking at Bairstow and Shulga. Never got that he was trying to get him. Maybe y'all know more than me but Ashworth and Nickel were not names mentioned as active recruits to fill the spots. Count them as misses but the guys I heard were being recruited became part of the team except for Reid.
Probably talking about Robbie Beran. Some people here seem to read a name that gets dropped as a random possibility by someone due to local ties or whatever, and automatically include them in with the recruits we have been explicitly targeting.

Probably talking about Robbie Beran. Some people here seem to read a name that gets dropped as a random possibility by someone due to local ties or whatever, and automatically include them in with the recruits we have been explicitly targeting.
Oh yeah. He is another one. These are all names dropped on here as a wish list. None of them were mentioned as in play when I spoke to my friend.

We aren't The UR of old that had the 20 man roster a couple of years ago.

352571594_9375318402541838_5689093725177493671_n.jpg

I saw Marcus Evans post a video from the BDC. I saw Gilmore, Santos-Silva and others on the court with the current team. Looked to me like Patrick was sitting watching when he panned the camera.

Last edited:
The night of his first BWW thing, out in the parking lot headed inside, Odom noticed my buddy's HAVOC hoodie, immediately pointing at it, saying something to the effect of "we all know it lives here".
I get the "Term" will still be around but Havoc will forever be associated with SS and his coaching tree

Hope so. My friend brought up Robbie Beran again just awhile ago. Hmmm. Bennett just signed his second transfer. Come on down Robbie!

Not a miss, eh? Just say‘n. I know I know. Not a good look. Rainbows and sun rays. Carry on.

Last edited:

Apparently, yes. Some people would do that considering. Unfathomable.

Not a miss, eh? Just say‘n. I know I know. Not a good look. Rainbows and sun rays. Carry on.
I know you understand what I typed or at least I think you do. I was not dealing with rainbows and wishlists for the last four months. Like I said earlier…count it as a miss if you want. If so inclined you can also say that he missed on all of the players that transferred too.

Last edited:
Does it really make a difference?

There is a difference of opinion. Both could be correct dependent upon how you look at it.

However, at the end of the day, we have who we have and they are pretty solid.

Back