2024-25 Opponent Tracking

I’d be willing to bet MR lets Ace and Nick graduate before playing but ultimately ends up playing
This is what I'm thinking ... at least Ace for sure. That would basically mean it's delayed until next year.

I don't think those 2 would object to playing here, but I don't know them. And I think they'd both be warmly received. The coach not so much.

Also, do you think both will graduate? Either?
Ace definitely should after 5 years and Nick should as well

Ouch. That's a big blow to the CAA, which has taken a nosedive since JMU left for the Sun Belt.
It’s the second time the CAA has misplayed expansion. We had a basketball league that was pretty good and on the rise when they started adding schools due to football. I get how FBS football drives direction and change, but FCS or D1-AA?

Not sure if this was posted yet?

It sure wasn't. This tournament looks very, very blah. Seton Hall and Miami should be decent but the others have problems - Oklahoma State wasn't good and lost a ton of its players to the portal, Nevada was good and lost a ton of its players to the portal, and Vandy and FAU have new coaches...and lost a ton of their players to the portal.

Maybe we'll actually win it.

Last edited:
Not sure what I am missing but this MTE field is very good.

Hard to say if it's very good or meh at this point with rosters still unfinished. Shall we win our first game it should provide at least a couple of Q2 opportunities.

Some names ain't what they used to be. It will be interesting* to see how much elite old money brand-name programs can continue to maintain that status over time in the face of all the disruption from yearly free agency in the talent pool, proliferate spending by deep pocketed new money wannabe programs, and more-with-less moneyball anklebiter upstart programs. Advantages are still advantages, but empires fall, and bluebloods can exsanguinate.

*interesting is not always positive

It sure wasn't. This tournament looks very, very blah. Seton Hall and Miami should be decent but the others have problems - Oklahoma State wasn't good and lost a ton of its players to the portal, Nevada was good and lost a ton of its players to the portal, and Vandy and FAU have new coaches...and lost a ton of their players to the portal.

seton hall and miami both lost their 2 best players to the portal and are not expected to be as good as prior year but you never know

no Tier 1 games likely in this tournament for us

And VCU hasn't had its share of transfers/coaching changes recently? If I am a VCU fan, I wouldn't be too critical of those other teams that are experiencing the same thing VCU has over the last two years. Last time I checked, VCU was also still looking for players.

Back