2024-25 Roster Thread

Here we go again. Same format as last year. Hopefully with a little less action the first week. Not making any assumptions about who may be returning until they have either indicated that they are coming back or the portal closes on May 1st. I will edit this post daily if things are changing to keep the most recent info at the top. With that being said let's have a great off season and put together a roster that can win the A10!

2023-24 Roster

Fr. Michael Belle
RS Fr. Fats Billups
RS Fr. Obinnaya Okafor
So. Tobi Lawal
So. Christian Fermin
So. Jason Nelson
Jr. Roosevelt Wheeler
Sr. Max Shulga
Sr. Zeb Jackson
Sr. Connor Odom-Walk On
Sr. Joe Bamisile
Sr. Kuany Kuany
Sr. Sean Bairstow

Out Of Eligibility

Sr. Kuany Kuany
Sr. Sean Bairstow

Recruits Signed

Brandon Jennings
Luke Bamgboye
Terrence Hill

Portal Out

Jason Nelson - Youngstown State
Roosevelt Wheeler - ETSU
Tobi Lawal - VPI
Max Shulga - Villanova

Portal In

Jack Clark - From Clemson
Phillip Russell - From UTA
Jamarii Thomas - From Norfolk State

2024-25 Roster

Fr. Brandon Jennings
Fr. Luke Bamgboye
Fr. Terrence Hill
RS Fr. Obinnaya Okafor
So. Michael Belle
RS So. Fats Billups
Jr. Christian Fermin
Jr. Phillip Russell
5th Yr. Sr. Joe Bamisile
5th Yr. Sr. Zeb Jackson
5th Yr. Sr. Max Shulga
7th Yr. Sr. Jack Clark

12 of 13 Scholarships

Last edited:
Luke is a huge get with a huge future, but as for this season we are still pretty much hanging everything on Fermin. I would like to have somebody who for sure can play behind him. Maybe Luke is good enough to do that, idk.

Idk what the plan is, unless we go stretch and use Clark as a shooting 5(Not a bad idea). I just think Clark will be a starter and in that case who fills in for Ferm??
Luke very well might be that guy. He has the upside Tobi Lawal had and more (he was an elite shot blocker on the prep and EYBL circuits). The offer list says a lot, he has a lot of things that some high level programs like.

Luke very well might be that guy. He has the upside Tobi Lawal had and more (he was an elite shot blocker on the prep and EYBL circuits). The offer list says a lot, he has a lot of things that some high level programs like.
he's been playing against ELITE competition. No one he will face on our schedule will shock him for sure

He has the upside but I don’t see him being that guy this year vs the more physical players. Would be nice to have a guy with some girth but that may not be in the cards for our Rams.

Maybe Ferm surprises us all and locks down Venning this year.

So this is how we look with one open spot, using Torvik's roles (italics are people who I expect to start):

Pure PG:
Phillip Russell
Terrence Hill Jr.

Scoring PG:
Zeb Jackson
Max Shulga

Brandon Jennings

Wing/Combo G:
Joe Bamisile
Fats Billups

Wing F (SF/PF):
Michael Belle

PF/Stretch 4:
Jack Clark
Obi Okafor

C:
Christian Fermin
Luke Bamgboye

He has the upside but I don’t see him being that guy this year vs the more physical players. Would be nice to have a guy with some girth but that may not be in the cards for our Rams.

Maybe Ferm surprises us all and locks down Venning this year.
I think the plan for Venning when we play BC should be to put him in the PNR with Phil and see if he can stay on the floor.

So this is how we look with one open spot, using Torvik's roles (italics are people who I expect to start):

Pure PG:
Phillip Russell
Terrence Hill Jr.

Scoring PG:
Zeb Jackson
Max Shulga

Brandon Jennings

Wing/Combo G:
Joe Bamisile
Fats Billups

Wing F (SF/PF):
Michael Belle

PF/Stretch 4:
Jack Clark
Obi Okafor

C:
Christian Fermin
Luke Bamgboye
Starting to round out a real roster. NICE

Where does this rank in terms of all time off-seasons? Adding two 3 stars, a four star, an elite 8 starter, a PG averaging almost 15 a game, and retaining our best player from a huge basketball program feels pretty high up there.

Where does this rank in terms of all time off-seasons? Adding two 3 stars, a four star, an elite 8 starter, a PG averaging almost 15 a game, and retaining our best player from a huge basketball program feels pretty high up there.
Keeping Max is pretty close to what keeping Vince would've been. That alone makes it a successful off-season - and then you add in everything else. If we can stay healthy, there's a LOT of potential on this roster. Like a lot a lot.

We still need a wide body big man from the portal!!! Make it happen staff. Luke is a untested freshman at 190 lbs and Fermin is maybe 200. He got bumped and pushed out of the paint on multiple occasions last year. We have no idea what we will get from Okerafor.

We still need a wide body big man from the portal!!! Make it happen staff. Luke is a untested freshman at 190 lbs and Fermin is maybe 200. He got bumped and pushed out of the paint on multiple occasions last year. We have no idea what we will get from Okerafor.
giphy.webp

Back