2024-25 Roster Thread

Here we go again. Same format as last year. Hopefully with a little less action the first week. Not making any assumptions about who may be returning until they have either indicated that they are coming back or the portal closes on May 1st. I will edit this post daily if things are changing to keep the most recent info at the top. With that being said let's have a great off season and put together a roster that can win the A10!

2023-24 Roster

Fr. Michael Belle
RS Fr. Fats Billups
RS Fr. Obinnaya Okafor
So. Tobi Lawal
So. Christian Fermin
So. Jason Nelson
Jr. Roosevelt Wheeler
Sr. Max Shulga
Sr. Zeb Jackson
Sr. Connor Odom-Walk On
Sr. Joe Bamisile
Sr. Kuany Kuany
Sr. Sean Bairstow

Out Of Eligibility

Sr. Kuany Kuany
Sr. Sean Bairstow

Recruits Signed

Brandon Jennings

Portal Out

Jason Nelson
Roosevelt Wheeler
Tobi Lawal - VPI
Max Shulga

Portal In

2024-25 Roster

Fr. Brandon Jennings - Signed 11/10/23
5th Yr. Sr. Joe Bamisile - Indicated He Is Returning
5th Yr. Sr. Zeb Jackson - Indicated He Is Returning

3 of 13 Scholarships

Last edited:
Was Obi Okafor on scholly this year?
I ask because if so then 12/13 schollys were used instead of just 11/13.

In the UK they call the off season signing period Silly Season. It’s a time where rumors run rampant, players are linked to clubs for figures that are ludicrous and rarely true. The CBB portal season feels very similar to soccer’s transfer period. I’m assuming I’m in the minority but I freaking love it. Bring on Silly Season!

Assume the entire roster will enter the portal until they confirm they are staying. See St. Bonaventure and Virginia Tech this week for examples.

Yes, he was.
For most players it's really the right move.
Exceptions - you already have a lucrative NIL deal at top program in the country or if you are a slight underperformer at a program that is beyond those abilities i.e. if you put your name in, you may come our with a worse situation.

Was Obi Okafor on scholly this year?
I ask because if so then 12/13 schollys were used instead of just 11/13.
Yes, he was awarded a scholarship right before the season started almost immediately before he tore his ACL. No idea if he would stay on scholarship or go back to being a walk on if he returns.

Yes, he was awarded a scholarship right before the season started almost immediately before he tore his ACL. No idea if he would stay on scholarship or go back to being a walk on if he returns.
I'm pretty sure scholarships automatically roll over unless acted upon. Most teams don't officially pull a scholarship, but rather tell a player its in their best interest to transfer. In Okafor's case, we don't know what to expect because we literally have never seen him play. He was redshirted during his walk-on year last year and then blew out his knee this season. He's got the measurables we can see (height and wingspan) and is supposedly a really smart guy, but we'll just have to see what happens with him.

I'm pretty sure scholarships automatically roll over unless acted upon. Most teams don't officially pull a scholarship, but rather tell a player its in their best interest to transfer. In Okafor's case, we don't know what to expect because we literally have never seen him play. He was redshirted during his walk-on year last year and then blew out his knee this season. He's got the measurables we can see (height and wingspan) and is supposedly a really smart guy, but we'll just have to see what happens with him.
Yeah, we have had situations before where a walk on is awarded a scholarship for their last season when we have one available. This would be a little more tricky to give him one and take it away so you would assume that they were planning on keeping him on scholarship. Of course then the ACL injury complicates that even more. For someone that has been on the roster for two seasons we know very little about him.

Yeah, we have had situations before where a walk on is awarded a scholarship for their last season when we have one available. This would be a little more tricky to give him one and take it away so you would assume that they were planning on keeping him on scholarship. Of course then the ACL injury complicates that even more. For someone that has been on the roster for two seasons we know very little about him.
Torey Burston is the example that comes to mind. Will Wade (right?) gave him a scholly for his senior year.

I agree that it would be pretty bad to give a kid a scholarship and then yank it, but the way around that is to look them in the eye and tell them it would be best if they entered the portal. There's a reason you don't hear about scholarships being yanked. It's because players don't want to be seen as someone that a team didn't want. They want to be seen as the one making the choice to leave.

In the UK they call the off season signing period Silly Season. It’s a time where rumors run rampant, players are linked to clubs for figures that are ludicrous and rarely true. The CBB portal season feels very similar to soccer’s transfer period. I’m assuming I’m in the minority but I freaking love it. Bring on Silly Season!
It ain't boring, that's for sure!

That's good for them but we act stupid and spread rumors all year long!

Back