21 - 3

I know you will say this doesn't belong in the Men's Basketball forum BUT
the situation needs some visibility.

At what point would you think you could support, in person or financially, the VCU Women's basketball team.

They are 21 -3 AND in 4th place in the A-10.
The teams ahead of them are St. Joe's (2/21), ur (2/14) and gm (mason sucks) (3/2).
The dates in parentheses are the only home games left for the Women.

Try to go to any of these games in person.
IN PARTICULAR, they are trying to sell out the gm game on 3/2/24 at 1:00. (I know the men play at ur at 6 that day)
If you can't go to the 3/2 game then buy a $5 ticket or 2.

You see all this press for Women's basketball nationally - Caitlin Clark, etc.
We have a 21 -3 team right here. Come on -LET'S GO FOR ALL OUR RAMS!!!!!

I know you will say this doesn't belong in the Men's Basketball forum BUT
the situation needs some visibility.

At what point would you think you could support, in person or financially, the VCU Women's basketball team.

They are 21 -3 AND in 4th place in the A-10.
The teams ahead of them are St. Joe's (2/21), ur (2/14) and gm (mason sucks) (3/2).
The dates in parentheses are the only home games left for the Women.

Try to go to any of these games in person.
IN PARTICULAR, they are trying to sell out the gm game on 3/2/24 at 1:00. (I know the men play at ur at 6 that day)
If you can't go to the 3/2 game then buy a $5 ticket or 2.

You see all this press for Women's basketball nationally - Caitlin Clark, etc.
We have a 21 -3 team right here. Come on -LET'S GO FOR ALL OUR RAMS!!!!!
I'm probably gonna try to make it to the Mason game.

Fun fact....the melody for the Star Spangled Banner came from an English gentleman's club which dates back to the 1700's. The Anacreontic Song was sung at every meeting and is a celebration of drinking and other convivial pursuits...although, not a bawdy ballroom drinking song...but more of a classier affair

Francis Scott Key used the melody for what later became known as our national anthem.

carry on and Go Rams!!! All of them!!!

The Lady Rams are fun to watch and they play really hard! My daughter and I have been to two games this year and will be there for the Mason game. We always sit a couple rows above the team.
I am pretty sure they lead the nation in defense - points allowed per game - last game the lady Bonnies had 40.

As I have said on many occasions, you want to talk to or have a picture with the Men's team players, then go to the Lady Rams game. The Men's team attends.

I am pretty sure they lead the nation in defense - points allowed per game - last game the lady Bonnies had 40.

As I have said on many occasions, you want to talk to or have a picture with the Men's team players, then go to the Lady Rams game. The Men's team attends.
Indeed they do - 1st in the nation in points allowed per game and 5th in the nation in field goals allowed. Also 1st in the nation in 3-point field goal percentage allowed and 4th in the nation in rebounding. This year's WBB team is a defensive juggernaut, but their NET is really low (73) and it's likely they'll need to win the conference tournament to get a NCAA tournament bid.

Were you going to their games before that took place?
Easy answer..... NOPE they weren't. At least 90% of them weren't.

There's only 2 people I can think of that regularly or semi regularly attended that stopped attending over this issue. And to my knowledge, neither are on these boards.... though I could be wrong.

They don't care about the WBB team.... and now they're using that as an excuse not to go...... when they don't even know why they are doing it.

Kinda like a certain other well known individual around VCU Basketball.

Who I heard was offered a sitdown meeting with Ed, Rao, Beth O'Boyle & even Ryan Odom to discuss this matter......

And he declined..... Shocker...... NOT.

@rams3fan appreciate the effort.... but you're wasting your time with a lot of this bunch. Even before that situation started.... no one was attending games.

And as I have said before.... VCU WBB could win a National Title.... and still no one would give a F*** or go and support the team.

Indeed they do - 1st in the nation in points allowed per game and 5th in the nation in field goals allowed. Also 1st in the nation in 3-point field goal percentage allowed and 4th in the nation in rebounding. This year's WBB team is a defensive juggernaut, but their NET is really low (73) and it's likely they'll need to win the conference tournament to get a NCAA tournament bid.
Should be an interesting A10 Tourney with the Top 4 being 83-13…

Just surprised it is at Green City before it is even built… ;)

Well, at least, I started a thread where we aren't snipe - ing at each other...oh, wait!!! LOL

Back