23-24 Opponent Tracking Thread

No news is not good news today. But he stepped down from p5 Georgia I mean good gracious. I guess UGA pays their football players more than Loyola.

Welp Deloach is dead to me now.
Eh come on. It is not Jalen's fault that VCU did not go his direction. I am sure his decision was decided due to to both parties but who really knows. Someone says that VCU reached out with a phone call and did not pursue him any further and others say VCU did not reach out. It is a done deal now so I wish him well except against VCU. I like DeLoach but maybe the coaches have their sites set on someone else that can help more. Jalen's aggression is what I like. He is not a good shooter and he gets into foul trouble. I would love him to come back but I can see why our coaches might want more in the front court. They should get someone to play beside Lawal in my opinion and DeLoach is very similar to Lawal without the leaping ability. I think Brickus is gonna commit soon and Nelson might transfer which opens another spot. You can bet that the offseason will get rolling. Oh, I am having my Blanchard's coffee right now. I went with a little French Vanilla creamer this morning.

I went with a little French Vanilla creamer this morning.
You're dead to me now.

From what I know (9th hand), JJ and his pops were very interested in a VCU return, but only on certain circumstances that they thought would position JJ favorably for the future. they and VCU could not make it work for both sides. Absolutely nothing wrong with that for either side.

I'll root for JJ to kill it against non-VCU opponents, and I hope the kid has a long and successful pro career. It is always a good thing for VCU for kids who play here to have great careers in the sport, even if they don't finish their careers here.

You're dead to me now.

From what I know (9th hand), JJ and his pops were very interested in a VCU return, but only on certain circumstances that they thought would position JJ favorably for the future. they and VCU could not make it work for both sides. Absolutely nothing wrong with that for either side.

I'll root for JJ to kill it against non-VCU opponents, and I hope the kid has a long and successful pro career. It is always a good thing for VCU for kids who play here to have great careers in the sport, even if they don't finish their careers here.
Spot on...except the disdain for French Vanilla...............I was going to ask for those opining for JJ to return to VCU, exactly how do you see him fitting in? I can assure you what JJ wants and what RO wants are not in alignment.

Reactions: SWV
Eh come on. It is not Jalen's fault that VCU did not go his direction. I am sure his decision was decided due to to both parties but who really knows. Someone says that VCU reached out with a phone call and did not pursue him any further and others say VCU did not reach out. It is a done deal now so I wish him well except against VCU. I like DeLoach but maybe the coaches have their sites set on someone else that can help more. Jalen's aggression is what I like. He is not a good shooter and he gets into foul trouble. I would love him to come back but I can see why our coaches might want more in the front court. They should get someone to play beside Lawal in my opinion and DeLoach is very similar to Lawal without the leaping ability. I think Brickus is gonna commit soon and Nelson might transfer which opens another spot. You can bet that the offseason will get rolling. Oh, I am having my Blanchard's coffee right now. I went with a little French Vanilla creamer this morning.
It is also not our fault that he decided to leave. We are not obligated to have a revolving door policy.

The timing of JJ’s commitment and Tobi’s portaling is interesting. If it was known Tobi was leaving then JJ may have been a more viable option to consider with no log jam or Not enough minutes at the 4. Tobi’s timing is odd- it could indicate something “bigger” is in play that threatened his minutes. Or… he’s decided a big bag of cash and greater national exposure is just what doctor ordered.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out. I really dislike this new era of college athletics.

Back