23-24 Opponent Tracking Thread

I mentioned this a couple weeks ago but it is worth reiterating. A UD fan told me that Holmes would come back to UD if he decided to wait one more year to go into the NBA draft. The reason? Holmes has a $1,000,000 NIL deal if he returns. Pretty crazy but the guy is a Dayton fan that knows the program inside and out.
So I guess it wasnt too far fetched to state Holmes might be back. Holmes does have to develop some to be considered a solid NBA guy. He might have a tough time getting a Two Way Deal given his narrow frame and his lack of an outside shot.

Heck if he could get even, 250k NIL or whatever it'd like be a great deal for him especially since he wouldnt have any costs (agent, housing, etc) associated and he is familiar with the organization. Plus he would be Da Man again. I think it would be good for Dayton (who cares), and the A10 *we need the help).

GW is now going to be known as the Revs. Sounds to close to Rebs for me but hey I am not apart their fan base.

They could simple say “Our teams are revolting!”
countdemonet-300x224.gif

slogan time

GW. Our nickname is at least not as stupid as SLU's!

The A-10! We don't need Lions or Tigers or Bulldogs!

more slogans

Fordham: Thank God we're the Rams!
Mason: You can't have a Revolution without Patriots first!

To spend so much emotional energy and time to come up with a committee driven name seems to lack personal connection. I’m unimpressed as to how they think it will translate into fans chanting support at games? I envision their student body and surrounding community more interested in meeting over wine and cheese than plotting anything resembling a Revolution. Perhaps Revolution would be better name? At least they could play a Beatles song when the team takes the court. This branding change isn’t another losing Bud Light campaign but as they say in DC there”s no there there.

so what's GW chant gonna be now? "Let's go Revo's"?.... not a fan of the name change at all honestly. As Dumb as Blue Fog sounded as a team name.... at least it's unique & I woulda rathered that then another name with some kind of military/political background to it.

Back