23-24 Opponent Tracking Thread

I know Yuri is a great PG and a great player, but all I can think about when I see him is how many times we smoked SLU and shut him down. Ace really took that matchup personally :D
giphy.gif

I know Yuri is a great PG and a great player, but all I can think about when I see him is how many times we smoked SLU and shut him down. Ace really took that matchup personally :D
I guess we’re not going to count the last game of the season in 2022 where we had a chance to win the A10 regular season with a win.

Does anyone know if Kaleigh Jimerson missing out of Ashland is any kin to Gibson? In pictures she was wearing a SLU sweatshirt.

The game before the UR game? SLU did win but it was Jimmerson that killed VCU.
Yeah this lol. Yuri never went off against us to my memory. Plus we played them three times in 2022 and beat em every time.

Yeah this lol. Yuri never went off against us to my memory. Plus we played them three times in 2022 and beat em every time.
Think you meant 2023.... 2022 we did not play them or beat them 3 times

This past year for sure. Previous seasons not so much, except for the one game Bones sat out injured.

It wasn't just Ace, Nunn guarded Yuri a lot too along with Zeb occasionally. We threw three in your face lock down defenders at him. Ace guarded Jimerson a lot in the last two games and pretty much quieted him. You'd think he could shoot over Ace, but Ace was tight on him on plays when he was usually open. In the game at SLU you could see Yuri was running out of gas with 8 -10 minutes left.

It wasn't just Ace, Nunn guarded Yuri a lot too along with Zeb occasionally. We threw three in your face lock down defenders at him. Ace guarded Jimerson a lot in the last two games and pretty much quieted him. You'd think he could shoot over Ace, but Ace was tight on him on plays when he was usually open. In the game at SLU you could see Yuri was running out of gas with 8 -10 minutes left.
Yeah, I don't think Yuri is ready for the next level given that he sort of struggled at times last season for SLU. His draft stock isn't very high (he isn't in any mock drafts I can find), and there'll only be 58 picks this year due to forfeited second round picks from the Bulls and Sixers.

Staying in the draft is a mistake - of all the A10 players with any draft buzz only Camara is getting taken in any mock drafts, and even he's going very late. Holmes made the right decision in returning to Dayton, and I think Collins will regret staying in the draft.

Yeah, I don't think Yuri is ready for the next level given that he sort of struggled at times last season for SLU. His draft stock isn't very high (he isn't in any mock drafts I can find), and there'll only be 58 picks this year due to forfeited second round picks from the Bulls and Sixers.

Staying in the draft is a mistake - of all the A10 players with any draft buzz only Camara is getting taken in any mock drafts, and even he's going very late. Holmes made the right decision in returning to Dayton, and I think Collins will regret staying in the draft.

Why do you think he’ll regret it? Even if he doesn’t get drafted he will be getting paid to play pro ball somewhere making more than he could in NIL.

Sounds like he did his 4 years and is ready to move on. Not everyone wants to stay in school forever.

Back