23-24 Opponent Tracking Thread

A friend works as an agent and Burton is with his firm. A couple of weeks ago he said Burton was coming to VCU. I know he was joking with me…I think 🤔 That would be hysterical. Like I said I think he was joking.

Imagine a VCU lineup featuring Nelson & Burton walking into the Robbins Center. Would give a decade of life to the rivalry.

A friend works as an agent and Burton is with his firm. A couple of weeks ago he said Burton was coming to VCU. I know he was joking with me…I think 🤔 That would be hysterical. Like I said I think he was joking.
Not my decision to make but the only way I see Burton at VCU is if we 100% know Bam Bam has to sit a year and even with that it’s hard for me to imagine

would love to see Burton on the Rams roster - provided he shot like he did from 20-22 from deep 36+% and not the under 30% in 22-23

Do you think Mooney thought Burton was actually a threat to get drafted? I don't. I think he expected Burton to do his predraft thing and then come back. But maybe you're right
Burton may never see the LaSalle smoke machine again.

Not my decision to make but the only way I see Burton at VCU is if we 100% know Bam Bam has to sit a year and even with that it’s hard for me to imagine
My friend was joking about Burton coming to VCU. It is not gonna happen.

Oooof! UR - Burton = Complete Disaster

They were absolutely horrible with Burton last year. Without him there is really no floor.

Now as amusing as that will be to watch, it does trigger a potential crisis which might result in the dismissal of Chris Mooney. We could not ask for a more suitable coach from our "rival" than the esteemed & predictably mediocre Mr. Mooney. He's been very obliging through multiple coaching changes and I hope we can look forward to many more years of complete domination of the hapless ticks. Should FUR truly crap the bed and have a complete collapse following last year's calamity...even those calcified stiffs running FUR might be stirred into taking action.

I suppose all good things must come to an end sooner or later. It should be fun to watch because either way the ticks lose.

The A10 doesn’t need anymore teams with an unpredictable floor. We have enough of them. I’d be curious how many A10 teams right now don’t even have a 10 player roster?

We will never see Burton in a VCU uniform. My best guess is that if his NBA ambitions don't come to fruition he wanted to leave the door open to moving on to a P6 program to both further his skill-set and maximize his NIL potential. He could also return to Richmond.

Back